Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

More of a summary of the week, I guess:

I was able to repair a few things on the (mostly) stock FiST I acquired last week. Known issues included HVAC actuators (duh) and non-functional interior front passenger side latch handle. I also was able to achieve a P0234 code and subsequent loss of power.

Replacement HVAC actuators went in without too much fuss, other than having to retrieve the screw I dropped on the driver footwell actuator.

The seller figured the door latch was broken. I think what actually happened was when he had the door latch recall done, the cable to this door was routed under the the cable to the tweeter speaker, and not over, and this put undue tension on the cable causing it to separate at some point. There was no evidence of broken plastic. With just pulling the handle assembly away from the door panel, I found that I could dislodge the tweeter cable anchor, reroute the door latch cable, and put the cable fastener back in the door, allowing me the slack I needed to refasten the door cable to the latch handle. Hooray!

Then I went digging down toward the turbo to see if I could visually locate a fault. After tugging on a few hoses around the boost solenoid, one of the small hoses fractured at the clamp into the turbo assembly. IIRC, It was the hose into the pressure side of the turbo compressor. I was able to cut off the broken piece of hose and still have enough to reattach what was left. (I gave up maybe 3/4 inch of hose length overall.) Now I can get the car to claw for grip at the top of the rev range in 2nd. :D

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are those the Michelin Pilot Sport 5s that just came out? If so, how do you like them?
Best summer tire I've encountered * 300 treadwear...Handle Rain...responsive...what more can you ask for? And to to it off excellent Crispy handling!

Last edited:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Best summer tire I've encountered * 300 treadwear...Handle Rain...responsive...what more can you ask for? Crispy handling!
Great, they're going to be my next tire. I was really glad when they came out in our OEM size. I'm especially glad to hear that they have crisp handling because that's my main goal with tires, to preserve the quick turn in of the car. That's what the OEM Potenza's had and they have long been unavailable.

pixelzombie

Changed the oil in the transmission. I was surprised by the difference. Not only was it smoother, but shifting was just about silent. I've always been told that dual cluch trannies were inherently noisy, so this is a nice surprise. I'd definitely recommend Motul for this car. The only hiccups were the hose I bought was a bit wider than the one used on the youtube video. I had to get a razor and slim down the width. I couldn't fit the torque wrench in the small space, the 3/8 to 1/4 adapter was the culprit.

Motul.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Great, they're going to be my next tire. I was really glad when they came out in our OEM size. I'm especially glad to hear that they have crisp handling because that's my main goal with tires, to preserve the quick turn in of the car. That's what the OEM Potenza's had and they have long been unavailable.
Yup, IF Michelin ever were so kind as to release those tires in the 215/40-17 size (which is readily available in Europe/UK/etc.) here in the states, they would be on my 17x8 wheels. [wink] [mad]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Changed the oil in the transmission. I was surprised by the difference. Not only was it smoother, but shifting was just about silent. I've always been told that dual cluch trannies were inherently noisy, so this is a nice surprise. I'd definitely recommend Motul for this car. The only hiccups were the hose I bought was a bit wider than the one used on the youtube video. I had to get a razor and slim down the width. I couldn't fit the torque wrench in the small space, the 3/8 to 1/4 adapter was the culprit.

View attachment 63650
Our rides have a dual mass flywheel, not a dual clutch transmission (like the problematic Ford DCT available in the base Fiestas).

Part of the confusion is that Ford specced their DCT fluid for use in BOTH our IB6 manual gearboxes, and in those ill fated DCTs, most likely to save production line co$t$ and complexities, and to ensure that those in very cold climates have smooth shifting in the winter season.

How do you like your Neo Gens in the 17" size (are they 215/40-17s or 205/40-17s??)?

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Had an open CNC at work today and a nice scrap piece of Mic 6 laying around so I decided to make a new bottom mounting plate for the Odyssey battery box I purchased. It will now be able to utilize the factory mounting locations that the stock box uses and also be able to have the ecu mounting bracket connected to it as well kinda like it would on the stock battery box. Will update with more pictures when I get home and install it. Odyssey mounting plate on left. My hack job on right.

Update

I Have to make some counterbores for one of the three bolts that mount the plate to the car to get clearance for the battery. Other than that this is going to work awesome. Have to sit the plate on a stack of 3 1/4” washers and get 3 longer bolts to replace the stock mounting bolts. Tomorrow it should be good to go. Added some pics of how it will be when its all mounted.
Very cool!!

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Any chance you've replaced the vent tube to the canister? I'm struggling with the electrical connecter (!$#%!) of all things. The release is 'upside-down' for us driveway guys...AITP? not assh@le, I think I was just timid during my first evaluation. I can't seem to find the release sweet spot - pull the hose and twist to view? its a vapor hose so no liquids...
That electrical connector is a complete pain in the you know where!! I could never get it off, my brother eventually got it

pixelzombie

Our rides have a dual mass flywheel, not a dual clutch transmission (like the problematic Ford DCT available in the base Fiestas).

Part of the confusion is that Ford specced their DCT fluid for use in BOTH our IB6 manual gearboxes, and in those ill fated DCTs, most likely to save production line co$t$ and complexities, and to ensure that those in very cold climates have smooth shifting in the winter season.

How do you like your Neo Gens in the 17" size (are they 215/40-17s or 205/40-17s??)?
The tires have been great, 205/40-17. Great summer traction and decent grip in the snow. This is my second set and i'd buy them again.

Had some more spare time today at work and scrap material around so I made a mounting plate for the WMI setup I’m in the middle of installing. This plate will mount to the frame of the car back side of front drivers wheel well underneath the ST200 air box. Made the plate out of Mic6 aluminum. Cant weight but a few ounces.

Update: Made a bracket today to hold the wmi tank to part of the odyssey battery box.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ford Community Posts