Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Moving out of comifornia!

Brianmc27

WHO owns that Talbot Horizon/Omni next to your A1?
He’s a Frenchman I met at Cars and Coffee (I’m in Northern California). It’s an N/A Omni that he’s rebadged to look like the Talbot. It’s really quite cool. He auto-crosses it and drives the piss out of it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
People used to rally the crap out of the GLHs and GLHSes way back in the days of the SCCA Pro Rally Championships, in the N/A Production class, and boosted Production GT class, circa mid '80s to mid '90s.

There was even some limited factory support from Mopar Performance for the more accomplished competitors in those little hatches.

Brianmc27

People used to rally the crap out of the GLHs and GLHSes way back in the days of the SCCA Pro Rally Championships, in the N/A Production class, and boosted Production GT class, circa mid '80s to mid '90s.

There was even some limited factory support from Mopar Performance for the more accomplished competitors in those little hatches.
Yeah, I wish it was a GLH! I’ve never seen one in person. He’s fine a good job on the Talbot rebadge.

Brianmc27

That’s why I ran away from VW’s. Fuel pumps, ECU’s, leaky seals. They do have a lot of character. Good luck and don’t forget to get AAA deluxe [emoji106]
Haha, it’s my project - don’t need to rely on it. Funny, I’m replacing the brand new fuel pump the p/o installed soon. He put the wrong one in and I have a Bosch going in.
The Mk1 GTI with the 1.8 8v are actually quite reliable as far as I can tell.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
So several of my friends have expressed they could only go to Austin Texas if they were going to move out which is a cool place.

So I looked at property there and it was quite interesting. Though prices were an average of 200-400 grand cheaper for the exact same house I would buy here, the costs to live there where nearly the same. I factored buying the house and property taxes ( which are astronomical in Texas) and insurance.. Now if bought a house outright it would literally cost me the same amount per month in total property taxes and insurance paid in Texas as it would here with a higher assed property value here. So ya I would have a slight advantage if I went the mortgage road but that different gets eaten up again in higher utilities costs in Texas.

People can complain and whine about California all they want truth be told you cannot get close to the weather you get here and save money. That would require taking a large hit in the weather department i.e. Humidity , Hurricanes, Tornadoes,Snow etc. All of which can be fun when your a kid but suck when your an adult.
Arizona or Nevada would be about as close as I could come and both are somewhat culturally on the lacking IMO.
So ya I get some of you might want to move but if you do not live here and still you bash our state you have some issues.
If you do live here and just cannot stand whats going in SAC I get it. Power to you to find a place you like to move too that you can be happy with.
I have looked many times its a losing proposition in my book.

Good luck to knockoff I hope you find everything you need I get it man.

Last edited:

Mikey456

I don’t get it. So you are leaving the state you lived in for most of your life for very rational reasons (cost of living, etc.) and then crapping in the state on the way out (with the political noise) Sounds a little hypocritical IMO. Good luck with the next state you go to. Hopefully you will be a little more respectful of the state you go to and live.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I live in North Carolina and if an individual who lives in North Carolina were to say bad things about it I would not get upset. Criticism is important that is how one improves. I would be cool with someone living in this state for just a year and if they didn't like it cool no hard feelings.

Someone who has lived in the state his whole life absolutely has the right to criticize. I fully understand getting upset when people criticize something they know nothing about.

You notice I did not say anything about a certain State, so take a chill pill. Let the Man and his 7 kids move. Anyway y'all have a good night.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I don’t get it. So you are leaving the state you lived in for most of your life for very rational reasons (cost of living, etc.) and then crapping in the state on the way out (with the political noise) Sounds a little hypocritical IMO. Good luck with the next state you go to. Hopefully you will be a little more respectful of the state you go to and live.
Does honesty offend you in some way? If OP has mis-represented the facts, fair game to call him out on that, but I don't think that's the case. I was born in CA and still live (t)here. It's 'progressively' gotten worse, not better. No offense, but if you are young, maybe you lack perspective on how CA used to be -- the envy of most of the nation until the past ~10+ years. Take a drive through the central valley (CA 99); it has become a series of barrios, un-assimilated and not upwardly mobile -- a good reason (among many) for the recall election.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
I live in North Carolina and if an individual who lives in North Carolina were to say bad things about it I would not get upset. Criticism is important that is how one improves. I would be cool with someone living in this state for just a year and if they didn't like it cool no hard feelings.

Someone who has lived in the state his whole life absolutely has the right to criticize. I fully understand getting upset when people criticize something they know nothing about.

You notice I did not say anything about a certain State, so take a chill pill. Let the Man and his 7 kids move. Anyway y'all have a good night.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I tend to agree with you here. I get tired of people who have never lived in particular state completely trash talking it for the sake of anything. I understand how knockoff feels he has 7 kids to support . Kids are expensive pretty much anywhere. I say more power to him to find a solution that works.

Oh and I do agree with Green Henry the state has gotten worse a lot worse . It’s really sad in my opinion but like mentioned earlier I still like it and its hard to find something that offers me more like it used to be combined with good weather.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
There are a lot of folks in Texas that like to trash on California. They sure don't seem to complain about the lucrative jobs that were imported from there, though.

Mikey456

Does honesty offend you in some way? If OP has mis-represented the facts, fair game to call him out on that, but I don't think that's the case. I was born in CA and still live (t)here. It's 'progressively' gotten worse, not better. No offense, but if you are young, maybe you lack perspective on how CA used to be -- the envy of most of the nation until the past ~10+ years. Take a drive through the central valley (CA 99); it has become a series of barrios, un-assimilated and not upwardly mobile -- a good reason (among many) for the recall election.
I do have a problem with someone living here and name-calling the state. Your criticism is valid and fair but I do note that you don’t “trash talk” our state. Calling us a commie state is something that someone who does not live here might say. That’s the difference.

Intuit

3000 Post Club

Magnetic

I do have a problem with someone living here and name-calling the state. Your criticism is valid and fair but I do note that you don’t “trash talk” our state. Calling us a commie state is something that someone who does not live here might say. That’s the difference.
I was born and raised in Commifornia. Moved to Arizona and what a difference! The weather back home (San Diego) is nice but not worth all the extra hassles and taxes in living there. I will never go back.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #77
I dont mean to offend anyone. The "commiefornia" is a joke! Yall want to stay thats fine. To each there own. Having the amount of kids I have and a wife I spend a lot of time with does not leave too much time for much else. I will miss it here, very much. I think this is the right decision. The only thing I want to do out there is fish and make a rc car track on the property and build my kit car I don't have room for here. California used to be the envy of the entire country. In some ways it still is. I hate extreme heat. A lil bit if snow will not bother me. My kids can't wait to rip around the property on the go cart and mini bikes we have. If it doesn't work out I can sell out there after the California dip in prices now that the eviction moratorium has ended and come back. Make a few bucks and take up another mortgage. I have family here and they are not planning on leaving. I'm sry if someone got offended. If anyone else decided to to what I'm doing now before I even thought of it I would wish them well. I will always be a part of the fist community. I dont want someone to see a post or reply made by me and instantly they think oh that asshole.

Thx.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I dont mean to offend anyone. The "commiefornia" is a joke! Yall want to stay thats fine. To each there own. Having the amount of kids I have and a wife I spend a lot of time with does not leave too much time for much else. I will miss it here, very much. I think this is the right decision. The only thing I want to do out there is fish and make a rc car track on the property and build my kit car I don't have room for here. California used to be the envy of the entire country. In some ways it still is. I hate extreme heat. A lil bit if snow will not bother me. My kids can't wait to rip around the property on the go cart and mini bikes we have. If it doesn't work out I can sell out there after the California dip in prices now that the eviction moratorium has ended and come back. Make a few bucks and take up another mortgage. I have family here and they are not planning on leaving. I'm sry if someone got offended. If anyone else decided to to what I'm doing now before I even thought of it I would wish them well. I will always be a part of the fist community. I dont want someone to see a post or reply made by me and instantly they think oh that asshole.

Thx.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Spend less time with the wife and you'd have fewer kids!!