Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Moving out of comifornia!

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
Come out to Arizona! I'm originally from San Diego and moved here in 2017. BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!! You will enjoy life so much more out here!
I have found a lot out there but my wife wants more rain. Ugh. I like it out there! Help convince her!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Magnetic

I left Commifornia in 2017, bought a small 2 bedroom townhouse for $105K and now it's valued @ over $250K. I knew California would bleed over and knew I wasn't going to miss the train here. It was my first house and couldn't be happier. Lower taxes, less smog BS and I can buy whatever Firearm I want! Quality of life was exponential when I landed on desert soil! LoL

Magnetic

I have found a lot out there but my wife wants more rain. Ugh. I like it out there! Help convince her!

California will only be a few hours away so you can always visit. We have great mountain biking trails, lava tubes, a meteor crater, Sedona, Flaggstaff, the Grand Canyon, Antelope canyon and so much more! I never though there'd be so many amazing things here. Tell her she can pick the house and you'll take her to all these places LoL.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
California will only be a few hours away so you can always visit. We have great mountain biking trails, lava tubes, a meteor crater, Sedona, Flaggstaff, the Grand Canyon, Antelope canyon and so much more! I never though there'd be so many amazing things here. Tell her she can pick the house and you'll take her to all these places LoL.
I promise I will try! I'll let you know how it goes.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

Last time I was in AZ I fell asleep on a pontoon boat and sunburned not only my armpits, but the bottoms of my feet. I am german scottish, entirely too pale to enjoy AZ. It's so hot - I could just never get comfortable there. I think I'm more a "polar north" type of person.

ronmcdon

with AZ, the real estate doing really well in many parts in phoenix and surrounding areas. with tsmc and intel building facilities there, would not be a bad investment.

was out there few weeks ago and really liked parts of scottsdale closer to the dessert and fountain hills

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I love the Carolinas but give a slight nod to SC purely because the political climate there is more “government just stay out of my business” than NC. I lived in the Raleigh area for 10 years (go pack), 2 years in Asheville, and just south of the Charlotte border in SC for 9 years. I’d go back to any of them in a heartbeat.

Have also lived in Macon, GA (shithole); Clearwater, FL(nice but too many old people); Dallas, TX (excellent); Tulsa, OK (excellent but landlocked).

Live in pleasantville Carmel, IN now and agree with previous sentiments in here. Everywhere has plus and minus but I feel the Carolinas are by far the best compromise of anywhere I have lived, with SC being slightly better politically. Beach and mountains both are within a half days drive from most anywhere in either state. Taxes are reasonable. Property values are decent with the exception of Asheville or oceanfront. Politics are never much of a factor in life in either state which I think we can all agree is good, regardless of which side of the aisle you’re on.
I personally prefer North Carolina yeah we do have car inspections every year, and South Carolina does not have any inspections at all. But the road system in North Carolina is so much better. Especially the Piedmont triad region interstate access everywhere. Charlotte way too big for me. The Raleigh, Durham area too big too much traffic. Piedmont triad right in the middle and a nice compromise.

Every region of North Carolina has a different feel and vibe, but at the end of the day I would recommend the Carolinas to anyone. I was in Myrtle Beach this weekend three and a half hour drive. I could have went to the mountains past Asheville in the same time frame.

We will never have a water shortage in the Carolinas. Don't buy a house in a area where it can flood and you will never have a problem.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

ronmcdon

Id say look at it this way. see how property values are appreciating in phx vs where you’re heading out to. Try it for a year. if you don’t like it, chances are you would have made some $.

ppl i speak to say they get used to the heat after some time. only con for you maybe is whether or not its politically shifting blue if 2020 elections are indicative of that.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
Id say look at it this way. see how property values are appreciating in phx vs where you’re heading out to. Try it for a year. if you don’t like it, chances are you would have made some $.

ppl i speak to say they get used to the heat after some time. only con for you maybe is whether or not its politically shifting blue if 2020 elections are indicative of that.
I could not handle the heat and I am Southern Italian descent. SoCal gets hot enough as it is.

ronmcdon

Oh I'm not sure i can handle the heat, at least not during Jun-Aug. I will say I can tolerate the dry heat over humid heat that it seems like we're getting more of, not the mention what seems like a fire and ash season that might be more common as years go by.

For me, really looking at building equity at a place I can more comfortably afford without stretching myself. Will try to rent it out property for a 2-3 years or so and go on from there. Have been looking at Fountain Hills, AZ as of late, which is maybe 20 mins outside Scottsdale and maybe 5 hours drive from LA or Vegas.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
Oh I'm not sure i can handle the heat, at least not during Jun-Aug. I will say I can tolerate the dry heat over humid heat that it seems like we're getting more of, not the mention what seems like a fire and ash season that might be more common as years go by.

For me, really looking at building equity at a place I can more comfortably afford without stretching myself. Will try to rent it out property for a 2-3 years or so and go on from there. Have been looking at Fountain Hills, AZ as of late, which is maybe 20 mins outside Scottsdale and maybe 5 hours drive from LA or Vegas.
Oh ya I am with you on that I prefer dry heat over excessive humidity . I will say while we have been getting more humidity its not really bad humidity except when we get the sub tropical storms blowing in like the last few days. :LOL:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

AZ got me walking like
pj4fsMl.jpeg

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I spent the first 22 years of my life in San Fernando Valley. I travelled to coastal Virginia, Seattle, Huntsville, Juno, and Anchorage for work. I liked some of the areas but not enough to consider moving. Then I spent some time in Pittsburgh. I moved almost immediately and haven't looked back.

There are blue and red areas but neither are too extreme, the weather is mild, both in winter and summer; we see snow and have have beautiful autumns, property taxes are reasonable outside of Pittsburgh proper, the economy is healthy (now) and diverse, access to good schools (as long as you live outside of the Pittsburgh school district or send your kids to a charter school) and health care is very good. I can ski/snowboard with a 20 minute drive, have access so some of the most beautiful forest regions in 15 minutes, and drive 35 miles to work in 45 minutes.

The roads suck and the motorsport scene is lacking. Also, the county in which I live, Westmoreland, has one of the highest, if not the highest, average age.., so the drivers suck, too. In fact, I'm not sure if the sucking-drivers issue has anything to do with their age, but they definitely suck.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
I spent the first 22 years of my life in San Fernando Valley. I travelled to coastal Virginia, Seattle, Huntsville, Juno, and Anchorage for work. I liked some of the areas but not enough to consider moving. Then I spent some time in Pittsburgh. I moved almost immediately and haven't looked back.

There are blue and red areas but neither are too extreme, the weather is mild, both in winter and summer; we see snow and have have beautiful autumns, property taxes are reasonable outside of Pittsburgh proper, the economy is healthy (now) and diverse, access to good schools (as long as you live outside of the Pittsburgh school district or send your kids to a charter school) and health care is very good. I can ski/snowboard with a 20 minute drive, have access so some of the most beautiful forest regions in 15 minutes, and drive 35 miles to work in 45 minutes.

The roads suck and the motorsport scene is lacking. Also, the county in which I live, Westmoreland, has one of the highest, if not the highest, average age.., so the drivers suck, too. In fact, I'm not sure if the sucking-drivers issue has anything to do with their age, but they definitely suck.
Is that pittsburgh kansas?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Where both of my then new GTIs were screwed together ('83 A1, '89 A2 16V). [:)]
That factory had closed down by the time I hit town. Sony turned it into a plant where all of their N/A glass-tube TV were made but closed it down with the swap to flat panels. Now it's the industrial trades part of the community college.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Maaaaan I really want an old (or new?) harlequin vw. I know it's ugly but I like it. Need to vinyl wrap a harlequin FiST :p

A friend of mine had a vw cabriolet with a turbocharged vr6, that thing was sketchy as balls, you could feel the entire car kinda... "twisting" when it was on boost hard lol.