Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Experience with the 16' FiST

Boy oh boy, this car is AMAZING but has its faults. I wanted a nimble hatchback and it did just that. Had this car at 36k miles and now at 71k. Some glaring issues that I encountered with this vehicle is that it needs some upgrades for it to be a safe car to drive in hot states like California. My car overheated a good amount of times especially when I run my ac. Second, the problems with brake fluid leak on clutch pedal/pedal sticking to the floor. I noticed this around 55-60k mile mark. I haven't gotten around to fixing this yet because mine doesn't stick too often unless I'm running low. 3rd, cabin filter replacement is booty cheeks.

Other than the two expensive fixes the Fiesta needs, this car is great and would recommend if you can get around these problems. Good fuel economy and a stunner day n night. 20240907_095956.jpg

I would replace the clutch pedal assembly sooner rather than later. It shouldn't be wildly expensive, and it also gives you the opportunity to flush the slave cylinder. You should try & do that every 2-3 years (ideally every 30-40k mi) because they're prone to failure.

However, beautiful car! What wheels?
I love my 2017 FiST & need to make a post about it.

My slave cylinder hasn't been touched in 10yrs with no problems!
I was incorrect in my first comment. I've heard many stories of people having slave cylinders fail on them pretty early in their car's lifespan, and I automatically assume that it's common. Mine has been fine since 2017 (afaik), but I believe it's also had regular flushes through it's lifespan. (now the car is at 159xxx)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
........... beautiful car! What wheels?
What he said.

I have a '16, IIRC the date on the doorjamb is Oct '15 (4th Quarter, 2015).

There was a campaign for the high speed fan relay. Said the wrong one was installed in some at the factory. Only difference was the incorrect one had a lower amperage rating. The '15 had a recall for the cooling system for which they made several tweaks. Wonder whether the revised parts made it with your '16?

For small leaks in particular, sometimes It's easier to suck in air, during piston retraction, than it is to push out fluid. This can lead to mysterious issues that don't necessarily involve noticeable amounts of fluid loss.

The relocation of the slave cylinder from outside the bell housing to the inside, subjects it to significantly higher levels of heat.