Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What things to look for when buying a used Fiesta ST?

The GTI is always a nice option. Same with the Golf R. A Veloster N is wonderful with a nicer interior, tech and warranty. The fist is a cheap econobox but it’s the most fun hatch I’ve driven. You can add power to a fist but you can’t remove all the weight from a VN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Interesting I've had a sunroof on all my cars over a span of 18 years and have never experienced a leaky sunroof.
Same here...I love my sunroofs. Had four cars with them, never a leak. 1 Mustang, 1 FiST, 1 Mazda and 1 BMW. I think most of the complaints come from those that do not have one, LOL! I love cruising the twisties with windows and sun roof open and 60's rock on the CD stereo blasting. I think the bad rep came from the big boats in the 70's and 80's where the flex in the chassis caused the sunroof and infamous "T-tops" to leak like mad from the flexing roof panels. Also after a hefty crash you could have a leaky sun roof. My Fox body Mustang had a huge, heavy glass sun roof that had to be removed and placed in the trunk but it never leaked because the Fox bodies were fairly stiff. The only negative of a sun roof is the weight is up high, I did not buy my FiST for racing or auto-x so it does not bother me. If you want one to enjoy get one, for ultimate performance pass on it. But don't buy into the "they all leak" fantasy. If they did they would not be the popular option they are.

Since Ford has decided to stop selling the Fiesta ST in North America, the only option now is buying a used one.
I test drove a Fiesta ST back in 2015 and one thing I noticed is that the actual gear shifter felt a little far to reach comfortably, especially when in fifth gear.
Anyone else have this issue of having to reach for the gear shifter?
Just curious if there is any aftermarket gear shift knob that can raise and bring the shifter closer to the driver?
I guess the other solution would be to adjust the seat more upright, unfortunately I'm used to driving in a more reclined position.
Are there any things to watch out for when buying a used Fiesta ST?
Any common mechanical problems to look out for?
I do plan on modifying the car high mileage on a car .
Cheers
I'm a regular on the Focus STOC, but Mrs G's ageing Fabia vRS has died... and needs to be replaced with a Fiesta ST. We've seen a few cars for sale that we like the look of, so before I hand over our hard earned cash... what do I need to look out for? The Focus has known issues - does the Fiesta have known problems? Is there a buying guide on the site (I couldn't see one) Thanks

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Welcome to the forum. Almost four year old thread. Look for evidence of alterations (aka "modding") and mod-reversals. Other than blend door actuator, rear shelf sag, rust, paint chip, rust, some water intrusion issues in the rear, they're fairly solid elsewhere. '15 and earlier had recall for overheating. '16 had a campaign (different from a recall) to swap a relay but there haven't been any reported issues with the original. As mentioned, biggest threat are the issues induced by users altering programming and swapping parts. Happy hunting.