Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Got a deal I just could't pass up.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Dead quiet aka no traffic / nice weather / good visibility when combined, I'll open it up. Shit, there is a road I drive on to get home that goes for a nice long straight with nothing around - tons of burnout marks. Tons. A nice circular mark made just last week! It's where I test my launch control, my abs in my 4Runner and basically have fun with it. I screw up, I pay - no one else.

OP
maverick1
Thread Starter #42
Dead quiet aka no traffic / nice weather / good visibility when combined, I'll open it up. Shit, there is a road I drive on to get home that goes for a nice long straight with nothing around - tons of burnout marks. Tons. A nice circular mark made just last week! It's where I test my launch control, my abs in my 4Runner and basically have fun with it. I screw up, I pay - no one else.
Totally agree with you.
I said I don't condone street racing, not that I never open it up on the street.
Here in Socal there are so many amazing canyon roads that are very lightly traveled, perfect places to open her up.
Street racing is a completely different kettle of fish.
In fact I commented on this video and was told off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seAcXITmvj4
This type of behavior can easily get innocent people injured or killed.
A tragedy waiting to happen.

That's why with your mindset, when we're both 65, I'll be mountain biking, hang gliding, roller blading, playing competitive tennis etc, and you'll be getting around with your walker. LOL
It's not very wise living your life based on what others think, quite unhealthy actually, but to each his own.
Definitely shows your weak character.
You see I'd much rather be a leader than a follower.
And no, I definitely do not condone street racing at all, best to save that for the race track.
Peace.
Well I am healthy I am almost 50 years old 5'7 weigh 134. My diet contains a high amount of supplements . Especially cholerah which is the best supplement on the market. It prevents me from eating fruits and vegetables because those are just sugar and lack nutrients . All one needs to be healthy is magnesium, 9000mgs of vit c a day and cholera. And the rest of the food is just meat and natural fats like butter and bacon. I am healthy and will live till I'm well into my 100s

Also Fistman is right why promote street racing. It's always the good ones who get hurt or killed because they get to arrogant and cocky. I grew up in Mira Mesa and eveynight saw them street racers race there cars like idiots. I lost some close friends and acquaintances to street racing. There could be a clear road and one slight bit of debris on the rod and bam your life is over all cause you think it won't happen to you. And when you hear about your friends crashing their cars and burning alive I. There it's horrible happened to a guy I knew in highschool. So sad

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Wow you got yourself one hell of a deal. Mind I ask you how old you are? I will be turning 50 later this year, and wanted to see if this the ST is a car a 50 year of male can drive? Or would I look ridiculous in it?
How old are you ? Personally I think the Fiesta STs are better suited for younger adults, I would look ridiculous driving one at 50 years old
Well then, I think you've answered your own question and seem to be wasting time on the forum of a platform that you don't intend on owning because you would look ridiculous in it. I don't personally buy cars based on what I think other people will think when they see me in it, but we do live in a pretty superficial society nowadays.

OP
maverick1
Thread Starter #46
Well then, I think you've answered your own question and seem to be wasting time on the forum of a platform that you don't intend on owning because you would look ridiculous in it. I don't personally buy cars based on what I think other people will think when they see me in it, but we do live in a pretty superficial society nowadays.
Bud, a little bird recently tweeted to me that there might be a Troll lurking. LOL
After thinking it through, the FIST is really ideal for folks under 30.
I may have to reconsider my purchase, being a senior citizen.

That's great for you maverick. Really cool story bro that your heart rate is 34bpm. However you shouldn't generalize about diabetes and obesity because the two aren't necessarily related. I've known people who are very thin and developed diabetes. Obesity is a risk factor of diabetes, it doesn't mean you can't be normal weight and get it as well.

As far as the Recaro seats in the Fist they are much narrower than other Recaro seats in other cars. So anyone with broader shoulders will not be that comfortable regardless of if they are fat or not. It's possible that is the real reason why there aren't many used ones with the option as well as it being a few thousand dollars for it.

OP
maverick1
Thread Starter #48
That's great for you maverick. Really cool story bro that your heart rate is 34bpm. However you shouldn't generalize about diabetes and obesity because the two aren't necessarily related. I've known people who are very thin and developed diabetes. Obesity is a risk factor of diabetes, it doesn't mean you can't be normal weight and get it as well.

As far as the Recaro seats in the Fist they are much narrower than other Recaro seats in other cars. So anyone with broader shoulders will not be that comfortable regardless of if they are fat or not. It's possible that is the real reason why there aren't many used ones with the option as well as it being a few thousand dollars for it.
I'm not sure where you're getting your information but obesity and type 2 diabetes do go hand-in-hand.
I don't think I said that slim people don't get diabetes of course they do and they're called skinny fat, slim on the outside and full of fat on the inside.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information but obesity and type 2 diabetes do go hand-in-hand.
I don't think I said that slim people don't get diabetes of course they do and they're called skinny fat, slim on the outside and full of fat on the inside.
Fistman stop being rude to maverick1 he is a good dude and as for Nordattack I think you should have bought a Lincoln Town Car because a mini is similar to a fister, and will possibly cause you problems . Pontiacs are bigger card and more comfortable. And if not a Pontiac maybe. Buick since those cars are nice cars and would help suit your pain problems.

Maverick got a great deal on the fiesta ST and I'm sure he will drive it to the fullest extent and Nordattack I am glad you are happy for maverick buying your car cause he will actually put it to use since I can only imagine most normal people who buy a new car buy it to actually drive it instead of letting it sit in their garage and only drive it once a week. You mentioned you had hand problems with the car but I really think you gave up on the fiesta to early. Most people who have had another car for a while will have an adjustment period they go through the first few weeks and then the pain will go away. Look at it like working out. A person that works out for the first time in a while will be sore for a bit but then their body's physiology will adapt to t and the pain will be gone. Just need to tough it out for a while

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Fistman stop being rude to maverick1 he is a good dude and as for Nordattack I think you should have bought a Lincoln Town Car because a mini is similar to a fister, and will possibly cause you problems . Pontiacs are bigger card and more comfortable. And if not a Pontiac maybe. Buick since those cars are nice cars and would help suit your pain problems.

Maverick got a great deal on the fiesta ST and I'm sure he will drive it to the fullest extent and Nordattack I am glad you are happy for maverick buying your car cause he will actually put it to use since I can only imagine most normal people who buy a new car buy it to actually drive it instead of letting it sit in their garage and only drive it once a week. You mentioned you had hand problems with the car but I really think you gave up on the fiesta to early. Most people who have had another car for a while will have an adjustment period they go through the first few weeks and then the pain will go away. Look at it like working out. A person that works out for the first time in a while will be sore for a bit but then their body's physiology will adapt to t and the pain will be gone. Just need to tough it out for a while
A lot of flavors in the world yet you chose salty.

Ok FordIsLife, I'm sorry. Just got a little passionate about it.

And yes, I agree with you that Nordattack should have gave the Fister more time. Especially if he weighs very little it'll take the Recaro seats a long time to break in to not cause leg pain. Though realistically, like maverick said, most older people can't handle these younger generation cars and should really be looking at Lincoln Town Cars or equivalent.

And actually I think the Town Car is much better than a Mini. From a luxury standpoint it blows the Mini's interior away.

A lot of flavors in the world yet you chose salty.
Please elaborate, I complimented Maverick1 on his purchase and told Fistman to stop being rude to Maverick1. I was telling Nordattack that IMO I think he gave up too early on his fister. He should have roughed it out for at least a month and his body physiology would have adapted to the car. He only had it for a few weeks and barely drove it since Maverick said there was only 500 miles on the thing. If you had just dropped 27k on a brand new car and it cause you slight pain the first week, would you trade it in and take a 8 k loss? Or would you try to figure out way to fix the problem at and give it a couple months before trading it back in and taking a loss on it?

Ok FordIsLife, I'm sorry. Just got a little passionate about it.

And yes, I agree with you that Nordattack should have gave the Fister more time. Especially if he weighs very little it'll take the Recaro seats a long time to break in to not cause leg pain. Though realistically, like maverick said, most older people can't handle these younger generation cars and should really be looking at Lincoln Town Cars or equivalent.

And actually I think the Town Car is much better than a Mini. From a luxury standpoint it blows the Mini's interior away.
True the Lincoln Town car is a beautiful car for some of the older peoples, yet i don't think the Fiesta is a bad car for older people to drive IF they are physically fit. Some people well into their 40s and 50s are really healthy and fit. Look at Robert Downey Jr he is 50 and he would look cool driving the Fiesta. However if someone is old and have been dealing with injuries then the the fist is not for them. Driving a Fiesta is more of a lifestyle and Maverick mentioned he sky dives and does sounds like an adrenaline junkie which means he can be in his 70s and still handle a car like the Fiesta,where as someone who lives a simple life that isn't an adrenaline junkie will look out of place driving such a car

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I traded a car in in under thirty days once...
Please elaborate, I complimented Maverick1 on his purchase and told Fistman to stop being rude to Maverick1. I was telling Nordattack that IMO I think he gave up too early on his fister. He should have roughed it out for at least a month and his body physiology would have adapted to the car. He only had it for a few weeks and barely drove it since Maverick said there was only 500 miles on the thing. If you had just dropped 27k on a brand new car and it cause you slight pain the first week, would you trade it in and take a 8 k loss? Or would you try to figure out way to fix the problem at and give it a couple months before trading it back in and taking a loss on it?

OP
maverick1
Thread Starter #55
I do have one question for Nordattack the previous owner.
My car came with the Black wheel option, and along with the black wheels there should have been red brake calipers, however mine are silver.
Did you order the car with the black wheels or did you change them out after you took delivery.
I'm asking because if you go to the Ford website today it still shows that if you select the option for the black wheels that they come with red brake calipers.

I never noticed that.
I did not actually order it with any particular caliper color.
I did not know that was even an option.
I just wanted it with the black wheels and since they were black I was happy.
I did not change out any parts at all.
This is exactly the way the car came to me.

Adding my 2 cents to the wheel/caliper issue:

The first round of 2016's with the Ebony wheel package ended up with silver calipers, and some of the now 'standard' Rado grey wheels were getting the red calipers, which is how you got the Rado grey wheels previously for 2014/2015. I think it was something to do with the changeover from the Rado's being optional to being standard, and factory codes, and what not.

As for the Recaro seats - I had them in my 2014 Focus ST, and while they look great, they became uncomfortable over time for me, so much so that they caused a herniated disc in my lower back - I had surgery to correct it Feb 2015, and traded the FoST on my 2015 Fiesta ST with standard seats shortly after. Again, just my 2 cents - the Recaros aren't for everyone!