Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Escape(ing) the FiST

joesiris

Sad to see the FiST go! Your's was one of my favorites on the forum. BUT congrats on the new car! Probably the smart way to go financially/family planing wise, but I'm not as smart as you :D

anyway, congrats and stay around the forums!
When I go to PDX and then to Bend/Sunriver, I always rent from Mackenzie to make through the snow. Good people.

To echo the others, your contributions have been great here.

** I have two kids, but since my wife has an Edge Sport AWD, I was able to convince my wife that I could have a tiny car.
it is sad you had to part with it, but congrats on the new car...its still a ford with ecoboost, so that's cool...but uh I have 4 kids from 3-12 and my wife the great woman she is let me buy my (mid life crisis) tiny car, she doesn't complain she got a pretty sweet minivan outta it. enjoy your new ride.

it is sad you had to part with it, but congrats on the new car...its still a ford with ecoboost, so that's cool...but uh I have 4 kids from 3-12 and my wife the great woman she is let me buy my (mid life crisis) tiny car, she doesn't complain she got a pretty sweet minivan outta it. enjoy your new ride.
Wives are awesome if you pick them right.

Im excited to hit the midlife crisis. For my midlife crisis I think I may eyeball whatever the GTR type car is in 10 years. I tried to sell her on the GTR the last go around, but she vetoed since it we needed to buy a bigger crib. dumb responsibilities.

joesiris

haha setting your goals high with a gtr huh? I doubt ill ever be rich enough to buy a 109,000$ car, shoot if I were I a little more well off I would've gone the rs route, but I'm super glad I got a FiST, I love it.

Ha! I'm not quite mid-life crisis yet (I hope anyway) but I got the fist and the wife drives the minivan with our 3 kids and 2 dogs. With 2 car payments, you gotta have ONE you love to drive!!! [emoji1]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Trading the Fiesta ST in on a new Escape seems like one hell of an expensive change in plan! Ya know there are row upon row of two year lease turn ins available for a grand down and some loose change! Used is best. Especially if your engaged to a woman who is offering you an uncertain future or family situation. You can sleep well in the knowledge that the luggage capacity of the Escape is adequate enough to carry all the important crap she owns when you help her move out. Just saying.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^A little cynical, and matrimony fatalist, but yes, I have been there myself, and happily (and BECAUSE it was probably doomed from the start) I have NEVER EVER compromised on having to buy a "practical/pragmatic family car" for MY personal use vehicle.
ONE was ALWAYS enough!

I even took TWO sons to both club, AND later to high school varsity hockey, AT THE SAME TIME many times, in a 4th gen f body (and one was a GOALIE)!!! [wink]

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Can this just be my Escape build thread? I'm already modding this thing.

Stock 2.0L Ecoboost

Some goodies arrived

Stock paper cone filter, lame

AEM dryflow air filter, replacement

Fits like a glove. Focus ST and RS share the same air cleaner assembly and air filters

And in box #2...

Another perfect fit

And done!

The 2.0L Ecoboost is nothing to trifle with, this new 2017 version has a twin scroll turbo and is rated at 245 hp and 275 tq. I will eventually get a Livernois Motorsports tuner which claims to add another 50 hp and 35 tq.

stoked for ya man! I saw ya getting rid of your rotas on NWST/RS, wish I would have had the funds at the time! Hope you like the escape, great looking rig.

joesiris

Ha! I'm not quite mid-life crisis yet (I hope anyway) but I got the fist and the wife drives the minivan with our 3 kids and 2 dogs. With 2 car payments, you gotta have ONE you love to drive!!! [emoji1]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
true story, I def love driving my little car, but I gotta tell ya, after our third kid when we decided that our 2 small cars weren't gonna work anymore we were dead set on never owning a mini van, but third row vehicles that arnt vans didn't have much actual cargo space. well unless you went the Tahoe route, or pilot, but those were way outta our range price wise, so we settled for the Nissan. now ill never knock a van again, its actually pretty fast, and its really comfortable, and ours has all the bells and whistles, heated leather seats, 4 moonroofs, sunroof, dvd player, 6 cd bose system, automatic doors, and so on and so on. While I love driving my FiST a heck of a lot more, when I do drive the van at least its in comfort

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

The 2.0L Ecoboost is nothing to trifle with, this new 2017 version has a twin scroll turbo and is rated at 245 hp and 275 tq. I will eventually get a Livernois Motorsports tuner which claims to add another 50 hp and 35 tq.
It's cool that Ford uses the same air box lid mounting pattern for the Escape and the FoRS! [thumb]

And YES, the Escape is one of the sweetest CUVs out there, IF one MUST HAVE a CUV with no exceptions.[:)]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Congratulations on the new minivan purchase. [wink]
Nothing wrong with a family hauler. We drive around them all the time. [wink] [wink]

Seriously, family first. Congrats on the new Ford. [thumbup]