Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #621

2500 degree wrap

Turbo blanket

Heat shield on

This is actually just a test fit. I have to port match the manifold gasket and a few other small things still too. Notice the plastic zip ties so I can remove it, lol.

I'll do this to any cyborg setup for $160 at the time of ordering. That's all the parts and the time/labor.

2500 degree wrap

Turbo blanket

Heat shield on

This is actually just a test fit. I have to port match the manifold gasket and a few other small things still too. Notice the plastic zip ties so I can remove it, lol.

I'll do this to any cyborg setup for $160 at the time of ordering. That's all the parts and the time/labor.
wow that looks amazing! bad ass! [twothumb]

C. love

So a brief synopsis of this turbo

-1400 out the door if cores are provided-included are mani port? flapper mod extra?
-With the normal mods (intake, fmic, exhaust, DP, tune). you will see what 275hp about same TQ max

I get that right?

Im weighing options of spending the extra $$ (grand) on a bigger turbo or just go this.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #628
Check out the very first post :)
Basic setup is $1450+ shipping if you supply a core.
The wastegate flapper mod was actually rendered obsolete some time ago. The main benefit of it was that it would let me MOVE the wastegate disk, and in turn, port the wastegate path a lot smoother and wider. But I've come up with a solution that is included in the $1450. $1450 get you the big inlet, all the porting, the turbocharger, and a wastegate. If you have your own wastegate or big inlet (required, even if its from pumaspeed) then I take off $100 from that price for the wastegate and/or $150 for the inlet.

The external wastegate setup adds $250 to the $1450 price. It you want to use a REAL tial MV-S wastegate, add another $165 to that ( makes no different to me, I make $0 on the parts ).

And now the heat shielding setup is $160 parts and labor.

But if you want the basic setup, its $1450+shipping. Refer to the first post for actual v-dyno info, but without methanol, I made like 255whp? On E30 in good weather. I make like 240-245whp on pump gas in good weather. And with meth I made around 275-284whp on E50-E55. Its been a while, so don't direct quote me on those, just check out the first post :)

C. love

Thats what I wanted to know. Was looking at many posts in this thread and for whatever reason dindnt realize you were constantly updating that front page. Thanks man

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #630
Besides the tuning, everything you need comes with the cyborg. The ATP turbo setups have a little built in hidden cost after just the turbo kit, but make good power. Russ's kits a obviously getting it done ( DHM ). But they are pretty expensive ( and rightfully so, a lot of time, skill, and money in parts ). So it really just depends on what you can spend, what your goals are for power delivery, what your goals are for peak power. I think all the options have good positives and negatives about each. Just remember... With great power comes great responsibility. 400hp can and will take its toll sooner or later on a car that makes 180whp stock. Me personally, if I had the $3500++ to buy the DHM quick spool kit and the other $$+ to buy the supporting mods, I would buy it. But I don't have the funds to put towards the intercooler, let alone the turbo kit. Like I said, really no bad options, its just what do you want and what is your budget.

Side note... I can do an external wastegate setup on a stock manifold for a ATP kit. Port the manifold and add the wastegate would likely help the ATP kits do even better, and its not like 12.40 is slow to begin with...

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Besides the tuning, everything you need comes with the cyborg. The ATP turbo setups have a little built in hidden cost after just the turbo kit, but make good power. Russ's kits a obviously getting it done ( DHM ). But they are pretty expensive ( and rightfully so, a lot of time, skill, and money in parts ). So it really just depends on what you can spend, what your goals are for power delivery, what your goals are for peak power. I think all the options have good positives and negatives about each. Just remember... With great power comes great responsibility. 400hp can and will take its toll sooner or later on a car that makes 180whp stock. Me personally, if I had the $3500++ to buy the DHM quick spool kit and the other $$+ to buy the supporting mods, I would buy it. But I don't have the funds to put towards the intercooler, let alone the turbo kit. Like I said, really no bad options, its just what do you want and what is your budget.

Side note... I can do an external wastegate setup on a stock manifold for a ATP kit. Port the manifold and add the wastegate would likely help the ATP kits do even better, and its not like 12.40 is slow to begin with...
You should send me a manifold to try free of charge lololol
I seriously am curious what gains can be had with a ported manifold on my ATP kit but I am likely getting a custom header made to delete the manifold to turbo adapter plate.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #632
Personally, and I've said good things about all the other kits, but I like cast manifolds. They hold heat, they fit well, they are super durable. You may loss a bit on the topend, but we are not using 8500rpm honda B-series engines here. The tubular headers are awesome, and pretty, and can be durable, but the cost is pretty rough.

Perfblue if you want one, I have a spare manifold core and wastegate in hand ( I was going to use it myself ). $175 manifold porting, $250 labor for external wastegate mod, and $100 or $265 depending it you want a real tial or not... If you get the external setup with a cyborg, its $100 cheaper because you don't have to pay $100 to upgrade the internal gate because its no longer required.

I have a core, but not much time, Joszer is next.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #633

This is the wastegate flapper in the dang way...

This is after I remove the entire arm so I can port it really nice without obstruction, and it cost $0 extra :) i think I did the flapper disk mod for $50-$60? Just the part/disk was like $30-$40 and took 10 days to get.

C. love

Lol well put. My Fiesta isnt my race car its my side chick I just seem to keep buying shit for ha ha. To be honest At first I didnt see why people would do the Cyborg over say the ATP, well as you said you have extra costs, about a grand extra comparing 1 to the other to be more exact. DHM kits are nice but I wont be utilizing them for anything own personal reasons

To be honest I have no idea what my ultimate goal is. My goal was to keep my
fun stock fiesta fun and stock...thats out the window.

To be honest you may hear from me this summer at 1450 it seems super beneficial, cost effective, wouldnt tax the motor much if any more and keeps things looking stock so I can be less than truthful about whats done lol.

Appreciate the helpful input my friend.

RobK

Lol well put. My Fiesta isnt my race car its my side chick I just seem to keep buying shit for ha ha. To be honest At first I didnt see why people would do the Cyborg over say the ATP, well as you said you have extra costs, about a grand extra comparing 1 to the other to be more exact. DHM kits are nice but I wont be utilizing them for anything own personal reasons

To be honest I have no idea what my ultimate goal is. My goal was to keep my
fun stock fiesta fun and stock...thats out the window.

To be honest you may hear from me this summer at 1450 it seems super beneficial, cost effective, wouldnt tax the motor much if any more and keeps things looking stock so I can be less than truthful about whats done lol.

Appreciate the helpful input my friend.
The only other expense that the ATP kit requires is a bov and a boost tap.. About $250.00

C. love

The only other expense that the ATP kit requires is a bov and a boost tap.. About $250.00
Also IMO its better to buy new oil and water lines than fuck with em. Been there done that on other cars. Id gladly spend the 280 or whatever than piss with it.

Also how my math worked
Cyborg-1450
ATP 2860rs-2000, lines 280, boost thing 40, bov 100-200

RobK

Also IMO its better to buy new oil and water lines than fuck with em. Been there done that on other cars. Id gladly spend the 280 or whatever than piss with it.

Also how my math worked
Cyborg-1450
ATP 2860rs-2000, lines 280, boost thing 40, bov 100-200
The ATP kit comes with new steel braided water and oil lines.

Personally, and I've said good things about all the other kits, but I like cast manifolds. They hold heat, they fit well, they are super durable. You may loss a bit on the topend, but we are not using 8500rpm honda B-series engines here. The tubular headers are awesome, and pretty, and can be durable, but the cost is pretty rough.

Perfblue if you want one, I have a spare manifold core and wastegate in hand ( I was going to use it myself ). $175 manifold porting, $250 labor for external wastegate mod, and $100 or $265 depending it you want a real tial or not... If you get the external setup with a cyborg, its $100 cheaper because you don't have to pay $100 to upgrade the internal gate because its no longer required.

I have a core, but not much time, Joszer is next.
You should honestly be using Turbosmart Comp-gate 40's on these manifolds instead of the Tial. It is smaller, flows 20% more, and in my opinion a better wastegate. Pricing is decent as well.

RobK

God damn blowing my comments all to smitherines. Well 700 more than still not a drop in the proverbial bucket
HAHA..This is A Cyborg thread and I don't want to go too much off topic but I spent considerably less than that. you just need to look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.