Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

Dialcaliper

Bright side is the FiST racks aren't too expensive compared to other electric racks lol. Part of the reason it is so snappy and responsive is the electric rack
That’s because the rack itself is a dumb rack and pinion - the electric assist is all in the steering column. Snappy and responsive is partly due to the very quick ratio (13.6:1)

TDavis

1000 Post Club
That’s because the rack itself is a dumb rack and pinion - the electric assist is all in the steering column. Snappy and responsive is partly due to the very quick ratio (13.6:1)
Ah shit I didn't know that. Looking at my computer at work I see now that our racks don't have any electrical components/modules on them like others. Interesting

I ask because I'm starting to have issues with water temp. i have the mountune rad and i recently added the mishitmoto oil cooler thinking separating the systems would reduce water temps, but it didn't really do much for water temps. After a while my temps start to rise pretty high, high enought to cut power...turning the heater on full blast was enough to keep temps down, but im surprised that the oil cooler didn't do more. any insight or ideas?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,886
Could be air in the system. You might try bleeding the radiator again. I’ve heard they’re a bit more finicky than the Mishimoto that I have.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
do you think a different design may work better, or the vents as a whole are totally fruitless? my tuner suggested them so i keep thinking they have to do something.
They are functional on the WRC Rally 1-4 class rides, but then those cars do have specific front clip ducting to fully take advantage of those vents, by design. [wink]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
[
…also, people that love BMWs are masochists. 🤣
Tell me about it! 😂 Oh and ya if anyone wants to know E36’s made mean tarmac rally cars and also were quite dominant on track as well. They did not get the nickname flying brick for nothing.
That be said my M3 will leave for the likes of Lotus Emira sometime between now and mid next year.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,891
They are functional on the WRC Rally 1-4 class rides, but then those cars do have specific front clip ducting to fully take advantage of those vents, by design. [wink]
Beneath the hood of rally cars is totally different than an OEM Fiesta ST. Peer down their vents and you won’t see fuse boxes, ABS pumps and other stuff blocking airflow. I was duped like everyone else who cut holes in their hoods. Maybe if I removed ABS and AC then relocated the fuse box and coolant tank they’d work a bit better but in my opinion they’re useless.

@Jkingtana I installed the vents to evacuate air from being packed up under the hood when driving over 100mph. I’ve seen zero gains from these specific vents in regards to cooling or aero performance. If your tuner is recommending them, they’re wrong. You have another issue such as air in the system or the Mountune radiator itself is inadequate for your requirements. If you’ve proven air isn’t in the system, sell it and purchase a Mishimoto or CSF. That would be my advice. All of these cars suffer from overheating with the stock system. Ford recalled them and added a cooler thermostat but a proven aftermarket radiator is the solution. I’ve had absolutely zero problems since adding the Mishimoto thermostat and radiator years ago.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
If your tuner is recommending them, they’re wrong. You have another issue such as air in the system or the Mountune radiator itself is inadequate for your requirements. If you’ve proven air isn’t in the system, sell it and purchase a Mishimoto or CSF. That would be my advice. All of these cars suffer from overheating with the stock system. Ford recalled them and added a cooler thermostat but a proven aftermarket radiator is the solution. I’ve had absolutely zero problems since adding the Mishimoto thermostat and radiator years ago.
Mountune radiator is a CSF , CSF makes them for Mountune and they are great radiators. His problem is most likely he did not properly bleed the system and it’s not hard to do. I ran mine for 5 years with no issues and the new owner is running it in Arizona with no issues.

[

Tell me about it! 😂 Oh and ya if anyone wants to know E36’s made mean tarmac rally cars and also were quite dominant on track as well. They did not get the nickname flying brick for nothing.
That be said my M3 will leave for the likes of Lotus Emira sometime between now and mid next year.
It was more the first gen E30 M3s which were great (dry) tarmac rally cars way back when they first came out and were campaigned by various privateer teams in European/WRC tarmac rallies. [thumb]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5