Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who's over 320 HP? High HP durability

For those of you over 320 wheel horsepower on the stock block who has had problems and how are the engines holding up for everyone?
Just want to know how far I can relatively safely push my luck.
Thanks for any input!

326 here so just make the cut.

There are many factors that cause these engines to fail, peak HP being only one of them. Mechanical sympathy and keeping the boost as low as possible are probably the two largest ways to run that power safely.

I’ve had no issues in the 18 months or so since I fitted an x47. This includes about 8k miles and around 10 track days, but the only place I ever drive it hard is on the track and it has multiple oil changes per year.

However, there’s always something in the back of my mind that thinks the next track day will be the engine’s last!

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #3
326 here so just make the cut.

There are many factors that cause these engines to fail, peak HP being only one of them. Mechanical sympathy and keeping the boost as low as possible are probably the two largest ways to run that power safely.

I’ve had no issues in the 18 months or so since I fitted an x47. This includes about 8k miles and around 10 track days, but the only place I ever drive it hard is on the track and it has multiple oil changes per year.

However, there’s always something in the back of my mind that thinks the next track day will be the engine’s last!
What turbo pressure is that at?

That is most likely a gross underestimate. 32psi on an S280 would be closer to 370 depending on amount of timing up top I would think based on graphs I've seen.