Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh RMM is shot

pixelzombie

It just didn't feel right when shifting or accelerating, and I'm glad it wasn't clutch related.

I'll have to order a new bushing, but is it safe to drive like this? The OEM is still in my garage.

Also, is it possible the the mount is probably damaged after a week of driving on it?

RMM.jpg

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You can determine that when you take it out.

I drove like that for a bit, the mount seemed fine. My front bushing was completely missing and the rear was damaged. I suspect you'll be fine until the new bushing arrives.

I may need to take a look at mine. I've been getting a clunk on aggressive WOT 1-2 shifts.

OP
pixelzombie

pixelzombie

Thread Starter #6
I may need to take a look at mine. I've been getting a clunk on aggressive WOT 1-2 shifts.
It felt off, but I couldn't tell if it was a clutch issue. It is definitely noticeable in city driving or when accelerating in the low gears as the heavy clunk does not sound normal. Mine started acting just after I put in a new IC, so I thought I had messed something up.

OP
pixelzombie

pixelzombie

Thread Starter #7
Its amazing how quiet the car runs now with the new bushings. I literally thought I had an exhaust issue with the way it sounded while accelerating. The old one was dry as stale bread, I wonder how long they last in desert conditions. Also, there's very little sign of damage to the main part of the mount. I was worried that it was damaged with the pounding noise it was making.

IMG_20240815_174623.jpg