Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What to wrap in gold tape?

I need a new project so I’m picking up a roll of Design Engineering Inc gold reflective tape. My Ramair crossover pipe that has a black wrinkle finish seems to be a good candidate which was recommended to do by a pro. Is it worth doing anything else? I have a Ramair induction hose (identical to the Whoosh brand model) but would it truly benefit from being wrapped in gold tape? All of my intercooler hoses were upgraded when I installed my Whoosh V3. Would it help there? Any other parts you all would recommend to wrap?

WannabeST

I wrapped my intake manifold on my SE with some left over gold tape one of my friends had. It only covered like 30% of it but it was enough to drop my intake temps about 5-7 degrees on average. I covered it mostly where the radiator may send heat. I'm sure if I would wrap it more, it would reduce temps further.

XanRules

Definitely do the crossover pipe - mine is heat-wrapped and it made a world of difference. Intake manifold also sounds good if you can get to it without hating your life. Wouldn't bother with the induction hose as silicone doesn't conduct heat the way metal does, plus it's flexible and it won't stick well.