Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

IMG_3933.jpeg Tint guy at work hooked it up with 5% tint all around, previously had 15% and wasn’t as dark to my liking, I don’t know how people have 5% on their windshield and drive at night. Anyways, washed her and slapped back the EBC Yellows as I missed the bite and chose more bite and more dust over the very low dust of the Hawk Ceramics.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
.... previously had 15% and wasn’t as dark to my liking, I don’t know how people have 5% on their windshield and drive at night. ........
Looks steller. Where'd you get the license plate hole plugs from?
I'd think it'd be easier to see out of the windshield than the sides.
I like to have the best chance of looking before I leap when turning onto dark street lined with parked cars.

EDIT: Nevmind about the plugs... https://www.amazon.com/s?k=license+plate+hole+plugs
Unlike the white, I'd have a difficult time matching the Kona Blue... maybe black or white with touch-up paint...

Looks steller. Where'd you get the license plate hole plugs from?
I'd think it'd be easier to see out of the windshield than the sides.
I like to have the best chance of looking before I leap when turning onto dark street lined with parked cars.

EDIT: Nevmind about the plugs... https://www.amazon.com/s?k=license+plate+hole+plugs
Unlike the white, I'd have a difficult time matching the Kona Blue... maybe black or white with touch-up paint...
https://www.amazon.com/Zlirfy-Rivet...icense+plate+hole+plugs&qid=1722562022&sr=8-3

I used something like this I got at orileys and spray painted them Oxford white.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
View attachment 63199 Tint guy at work hooked it up with 5% tint all around, previously had 15% and wasn’t as dark to my liking, I don’t know how people have 5% on their windshield and drive at night. Anyways, washed her and slapped back the EBC Yellows as I missed the bite and chose more bite and more dust over the very low dust of the Hawk Ceramics.
Need to Ditch the Yellows and Go with EBC Blue NDX* and never look back...i know i did!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
How many miles are on it that you did the timing belt?
It's only got 28,000 miles on it. I did it based on time, 8 years, not mileage obviously. A mechanic that I like and trust had recommended doing it at 8 years, and he's getting fairly close to retirement so I just thought I would do it while he was available.
The American maintenance schedule only recommends doing it based on mileage, which I will never get to. I had found a European service schedule for our cars that recommended doing it at 10 years or 125,000 miles, whichever comes first, so I wasn't that early on that schedule.

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
European service schedule for our cars that recommended doing it at 8 years or 125,000 miles
Same 1.6L GTDI 4-banger or the newer 3-banger? Was this sourced from a revised manual? Post the EU revised schedule? This would be potentially valuable new guidance if this shortened interval were the result of a revised manual.

1722698436847.png
1722698485005.png

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Same 1.6L GTDI 4-banger or the newer 3-banger? Was this sourced from a revised manual? Post the EU revised schedule? This would be potentially valuable new guidance if this shortened interval were the result of a revised manual.

View attachment 63204
View attachment 63206
I'm attaching the European service schedule that I found. It's definitely for the 1.6L four cylinder engine. It was a few years ago, but I believe I found it on a website called Ford ETIS, which was an official Ford website which provided service and other information, and is no longer available.
Here's a screenshot of the portion of the document which recommended replacing the timing belt at 10 years, and then I'll attach the whole schedule.

1722701473864.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Interesting that they're specifying miles instead of kilometers. It seems they've compromised between the accessory drive belts and timing belt. Instead of one visit 100k and another at 150k, it's just one visit at 125k. Wonder if this might've been influenced by some EU consumer protection regulation?

Another difference, coolant isn't specified by distance driven; only time. Waiting ten years or 100k on a coolant change sounds like a bad idea; but I assume they know what they're doing. That said and knowing how little we get out on a coolant swap (https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...-on-cooling-system-resolved.28344/post-474677), I'll not wait that long.

1722702225461.png

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Another difference, coolant isn't specified by distance driven; only time. Waiting ten years or 100k on a coolant change sounds like a bad idea; but I assume they know what they're doing. That said and knowing how little we get out on a coolant swap (https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...-on-cooling-system-resolved.28344/post-474677), I'll not wait that long.
I agree. The US maintenance schedule that came in my manual specifies to change the coolant initially at 6 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, and then every 3 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first if you look at the footnote to the part that you screenshotted .
I'm doing it every 3 years.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's only got 28,000 miles on it. I did it based on time, 8 years, not mileage obviously. A mechanic that I like and trust had recommended doing it at 8 years, and he's getting fairly close to retirement so I just thought I would do it while he was available.
The American maintenance schedule only recommends doing it based on mileage, which I will never get to. I had found a European service schedule for our cars that recommended doing it at 8 years or 125,000 miles, whichever comes first, so I wasn't that early on that schedule.
Yeah, I only have ~45K miles on mine, but now you have me worried with that Euro/UK rec for that 8 year time frame.

I'd like to do the water pump, timing belt and accessory belt, along with a walnut shell valve blasting all at once, but also do not want to do that seriously exorbitant service too soon, and then have to do it yet again in less than another 8 years time.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I only have ~45K miles on mine, but now you have me worried with that Euro/UK rec for that 8 year time frame.

I'd like to do the water pump, timing belt and accessory belt, along with a walnut shell valve blasting all at once, but also do not want to do that seriously exorbitant service too soon, and then have to do it yet again in less than another 8 years time.
Hello, I had a typo in my earlier post that you are referring to, the Euro/UK recommendation is to replace the timing belt every 10 years or 125,000 mi, whichever comes first, not every 8 years. I edited my post to reflect that.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
The American maintenance schedule only recommends doing it based on mileage, which I will never get to. I had found a European service schedule for our cars that recommended doing it at 10 years or 125,000 miles, whichever comes first, so I wasn't that early on that schedule.
How much did he charge you for the job? And does he want to do mine too? Feel free to PM if you don’t want to put it here.