Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
Took my car to Murietta yesterday to have a section of the ClearPro 3M film that was badly scratched on a concrete parking block which showed from the front. They took the film off and NOT a mark on the paint underneath. This shit is STRONG! Forget PPF!

For the small section I had replaced, $156.40. When I had the car done 10yrs ago and warranted for 10yrs, it was $600, but to do it again now costs $1,200, but worth every penny for the protection it provides. There was not a mark on the paint underneath. I wouldn't waste my money on PPF, it's so flimsy and if your car gets hit by BIG insects, their acid will burn through the film and damage the paint. Will never happen with ClearPro 3M film! I have the proof!
clear pro 3m is PPF it’s just one of several brands. Ask me how I know😂

is that Blue car what I think it is on the second pic🤔🤪

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
clear pro 3m is PPF it’s just one of several brands. Ask me how I know😂
Dave, ClearPro is much thicker and gives more protection. As I said yesterday, don't watch the videos on YT about PPF!

is that Blue car what I think it is on the second pic🤔🤪

Drilling and bolts to install, or strong double sided tape (or both)??
I had the Vega skirts before and I used that hardware, I had to drill and just inserted the bolt and washer and then a nut. These came with just self tapping screws and the instructions stated to put glue and the screws, I said na lol. I did reinforce it and used some of the self tapping screws.

N10S

Since recently buying my 2017 fiesta st I have addressed a few key things with my car. The first that had to be addressed was some bad exhaust vibrations . The 3” aftermarket exhaust was basically sitting on it and would rattle every time I started the car or hit a bump. Looked at a couple of new brace options but was tired of the noise and the washers were readily available locally. I ended up adding a couple of stainless fender washers under each side of the center crossmember. Still might pop for a nice cross brace but so far the fix is less than $10.

Beyond that I had a valve stem flat and realized the lugs on all four wheels were in terrible shape. No way to use the factory lug wrench and had to hammer on the lug socket to get a secure bite to remove the lugs. Bought a set of Gorilla lugs and all is good again.

Last items installed recently have been a new Cobb AP and a used Cobb RMM for $50. Finally got around to installing it today. Up on low profile ramps this was an extremely easy mod. My car has 75k on it and really no issues getting any of the bolts off and the new(used) RMM was easy to refit. 20-25 minutes max.

I was worried that this would cause additional vibration but that was not the case. Instead the result is that my car feels much more solid than before. I honestly was expecting that it would help when launching the car or speed shifting under torque but what I found was that it transformed the overall feel of my car. I know it’s not a placebo effect and I guess the stock mount had so much play that everything felt a little sloppy. No more though. I know this isn’t providing any extra hp but the driving experience is better and so far this may be one of the best $50 I have spent on the car!!

Looking forward to a few more mods in the future but really loving the car so far as is and have come to the conclusion that the balance of fun spirited driving, utility, & economy may be the the best value out there. Guess that’s stating the obvious to this crowd I guess!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Poly had turned to powder in some areas. Only the rear larger bushing was degraded. The front smaller one was fine. This has 4 yrs and about 8000 miles on it.

I liked the poly feel better (before it failed) compared to the vibratechnics so far. Thr vibra technics has a bit more nvh. When under 40 degrees the poly has more nvh until it warms up. I do only have like 5 miles on the vibra technics so it may settle in some.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Poly had turned to powder in some areas. Only the rear larger bushing was degraded. The front smaller one was fine. This has 4 yrs and about 8000 miles on it.

I liked the poly feel better (before it failed) compared to the vibratechnics so far. Thr vibra technics has a bit more nvh. When under 40 degrees the poly has more nvh until it warms up. I do only have like 5 miles on the vibra technics so it may settle in some.
Depends on the Durometer of the urethane* and the Manufacturer. The Vibra is epdm rubber and will last longer. i really liked the Vibra but wanted to try AWR 70 durometer and new mounts with my setup.

Installed the 2014-2015 Evap harness and a whoosh intake tube on my 2016. I got almost a third of the way through removing the bumper to install the velossa tech big mouth and decided I wasn’t up for that today. I think it’ll be much easier after removing the front wheels. I’ll try again another day. Just got too frustrated reaching those bolts at the fenders and had an insanely rough time unplugging the headlights of all things.

I learned that some trunk mats only fit the lower position floor of the non-ST fiesta. Then I learned that there is a lot of room under the floor so I can put the mat over the spare tire and keep my Motocompacto under the trunk floor. So cool.

View attachment 63103

View attachment 63104
Wow, perfect fit! I saw a bunch of those at Solo nationals this past month. Are you happy with it?

1722059958867.png

Wow, perfect fit! I saw a bunch of those at Solo nationals this past month. Are you happy with it?

View attachment 63114
Yeah I’ve had it a couple months now. I’ve used it to go to lunch at work. Restaurants get a giggle when you stroll in and park a scooter in the corner but it sure beats getting sweaty by walking a mile or so each way.

pixelzombie

was the damage visible from the bottom of the vehicle?