Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
did not want to make an insurance claim.
Should be for catastrophic purposes anyway. But people want to use it for basic car repair/maintenance. Regardless, they can afford it which is why they don't bother changing the policy. It's not like cracked or chipped windshields cause wrecks or are at risk for failure.

Dialcaliper

Finally got my Quinton Hazell dipstick from the UK. Dipstick that you can actually read on the second try. Why Ford thought the twisted cable/plastic torpedo design was a good idea, we’ll never know. Took an oil sample to send in while I was at it.

An actually useful dipstick, easy to read. Seems reasonably accurate vs the OEM. Mind blown 🤯

Attachments

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
OEM dipstick always worked fine for me. 🤷‍♂️ 🙂
Barring the work of Murphy, it's not like we have one of those dipsticks that are known to routinely seize in the tube or fall apart.

Green stuff is supposedly equivalent to OEM style pads compound wise. I think. The ford OEM pads were excellent. I currently run EBC yellow in my Tarox BBK and they are awesome. Too much dust but a little wheel acid and little elbow grease keeps the wheels looking new. I use to have EBC Reds and didn’t like them, the bite sucked and they dusted almost as much as my yellows. I also tried Hawk ceramics had way less dust and more bite than the reds, i definitely recommend those.
Agree on the EBC yellows. They are filthy but great on the track and the street. I really liked the oranges for the track, but they wore very quickly.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Agree on the EBC yellows. They are filthy but great on the track and the street. I really liked the oranges for the track, but they wore very quickly.
Yellows have been downgraded to Street duty* No longer a track rec. pad. The EBC Blue NDX have taken their place and their great. i came from Yellow EBC*

Yellows have been downgraded to Street duty* No longer a track rec. pad. The EBC Blue NDX have taken their place and their great. i came from Yellow EBC*
Do those squeak ? I been wanting to try the blue. My yellows squeak when coming to a stop but sometimes they don’t. I don’t mind noise but how is the bite of the blues compared to the yellows ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do those squeak ? I been wanting to try the blue. My yellows squeak when coming to a stop but sometimes they don’t. I don’t mind noise but how is the bite of the blues compared to the yellows ?
No Not really TBH. i haven't heard much out of them since install and proper bed in procedure.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The local Ford dealership quoted me $850 to replace a wheel bearing and quoted 4 hours of labor. Also, an additional $1,100 to change some engine seals (minor oil leak). I was speechless
Cripes...You can go out by bearings and an actual 8-12 ton press for your garage and still come out at least $300-400 cheaper than that....Fack thats pricey. Its like they don't want business and only warranty shit work to do! [drummer]