Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This means placing the shifter in neutral and releasing the pedal at stop lights.[/QUOTE]

I've been driving for 58yrs and that the one thing I have never done. Into neutral at traffic lights with the hand brake on.

Cneu

Premium Account
picked it up from the body shop. excited to finally have it back

AC blew warm before it went in. They evacuated and recharged the system as part of the repairs, still blows warm. So now i need to dig into why
Our AC systems are really weird. Give it a few days and see if it works again. Also try not turning the AC system on until you've warmed the car up and started driving.

My AC quick working for a few days after I replaced my radiator. Then sometimes if my battery dies the AC wont work for a day.

They're just weird. I could see it working for them in the shop and then not working once you picked it up.

Sam4

picked it up from the body shop. excited to finally have it back

AC blew warm before it went in. They evacuated and recharged the system as part of the repairs, still blows warm. So now i need to dig into why
aaand my blend door started clicking right after reading this. into the Rock Auto shopping cart....

Wired the money to finish my eBay purchase. Hoping for the best. It’s a low mileage 2016 accident repair. Either a great deal or a big mistake. Fingers crossed lol.

bounced the revs off of 7000 in first gear while blasting the stereo. was on the way home from finishing a residential carpenter job. i was a little used up and not paying attention. gonna change the oil in the next day or two.

Cneu

Premium Account
I have whatever version of sync came in a 2019. Do you get anything decent going to 3.4?

I dont know if you need to upgrade, but android auto works a lot better on 3.4 than it did before I updated.

The risk of bricking it is pretty minimal if you just follow the youtube video. I wouldn't worry about that unless you think you're smarter than the step by step guide and deviate for some reason.

Installed a pro alloy expansion tank. I had the coolant recall done so I had to change out all the lines back to the stock ones. Reason I changed it was the plastic one had a dent in it due to rubbing against the bolt on top of the engine mount. Eventually it would have put a hole in it.
IMG_3600.jpeg

Installed a pro alloy expansion tank. I had the coolant recall done so I had to change out all the lines back to the stock ones. Reason I changed it was the plastic one had a dent in it due to rubbing against the bolt on top of the engine mount. Eventually it would have put a hole in it.
View attachment 62606
My Mishimoto still hits the motor mount, even with the powerflex bushing. It's on the metal clamp for the lower water line so the engine mount is losing the fight but it's annoyingly loud. I either need to put some rubber on the clamp, grind the mount a little, or solve it correctly by moving the tank forward a little.

Your tank looks fantastic though. I like the rounded edges

As for what I did today. Got around to installing the transmission side Powerflex mount bushing since I made the decision to wait after the engine side so I could get a short shifter mount and bushings. This was a pretty good upgrade session but I still need to do the inside bushing job.

Last edited:
New rear brake pads before an AX event. greased the caliper slides. One was seized pretty good, a common issue. That explains the whirring noise from my d/s rear rotors. Now it’s quiet - for now

I am cheating I guess, living in the mountains and before I got the better brake pads I was changing them every 6 months. No stuck slides when you have them out twice a year .