Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

My wife's Fiesta SE had transmission problems and it turned out to be the BCM. Now I 'm told I need to buy a new key to go with the new BCM. If I have to buy another key, why can't the old key be re-progammed without having to buy another key. They say I need 2 keys. WHY? Anyone have an answer to that one?
Sort of. I'm not sure if you need a *different* fob because of the BCM. But in order to program a new fob yourself without going to a dealer or locksmith, you need two identical programmed fobs- you can't do it with one. I think that's probably what they meant when they said you needed two keys.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks, I'll go and see if I can get a sensible answer from the dealership today. I spoke to two others the other day and they didn't have a clue.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
My wife's Fiesta SE had transmission problems and it turned out to be the BCM. Now I 'm told I need to buy a new key to go with the new BCM. If I have to buy another key, why can't the old key be re-progammed without having to buy another key. They say I need 2 keys. WHY? Anyone have an answer to that one?
The Body Control Module caused transmission problems?
I'm curious as to what the codes were.
Can't program original keys with replacement Body Control Module?
Was there some sort of campaign issued on the original fobs; possibly a security issue?
From personal experience, devices attached to the BCM can create weird behavior.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...l-flash-wiper-stop-resolved.29473/post-497022

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The Body Control Module caused transmission problems?
I'm curious as to what the codes were.
Can't program original keys with replacement Body Control Module?
Was there some sort of campaign issued on the original fobs; possibly a security issue?
From personal experience, devices attached to the BCM can create weird behavior.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...l-flash-wiper-stop-resolved.29473/post-497022
I spoke to the service advisor today and he explained that the PCM needs to recognize two keys before it will programme it. Still waiting for the part to arrive. Good news is that the new key will only cost $200 instead of $500 because they won't charge to have the PCM reprogrammed.

I gotchu, fam.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293197551753

There are lower priced fobs out there, but there is some ambiguity about whether they work on the ST. This one specifically was used by someone else on the forum. You still have to pay ~$60 to get it programmed and the emergency key cut, but the fob itself costs twice as much from the dealership.

As for what I did for my ST today, I took him out for a nice morning drive in the country and ordered (yet) another plastic skirt piece for the front seat. Something about either the way they're designed or the way I get in and out of the car makes them stupid easy to break.
11/18: I can vouch for Ebay link for extra Fobs that work. I got a new Ford fob for my 2014 ST from remotewholesale for about $40 and then had it successfully programmed/cut at the local Ford dealership yesterday. That cost $150, but at least I didn't pay their ransom for the FOB itself.

11/18: I can vouch for Ebay link for extra Fobs that work. I got a new Ford fob for my 2014 ST from remotewholesale for about $40 and then had it successfully programmed/cut at the local Ford dealership yesterday. That cost $150, but at least I didn't pay their ransom for the FOB itself.
I got mine programmed for $90 at Batteries Plus. My Ford dealership wanted $170

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Has anyone tried the procedure in the owner's or/and service manual?
It'll cost you a little time but should be able to avoid taking it a third party to program a remote.

There also seem to be plenty of videos.
BTW, is there a power fold mirror option for the "domestic" Fiesta ST?
View: https://youtu.be/S7XooWtKgXo?t=17

My Brother has a Chevy Impala and I swear programming a new remote for that thing would cost a few grey hairs as they intentionally incorporate a series of ten minute delays as a security deterrent. 😂 Any person with even a mild case of ADD or ADHD would have to set alarms to program that thing.

pixelzombie

Has anyone tried the procedure in the owner's or/and service manual?
It'll cost you a little time but should be able to avoid taking it a third party to program a remote.

There also seem to be plenty of videos.
BTW, is there a power fold mirror option for the "domestic" Fiesta ST?
View: https://youtu.be/S7XooWtKgXo?t=17

My Brother has a Chevy Impala and I swear programming a new remote for that thing would cost a few grey hairs as they intentionally incorporate a series of ten minute delays as a security deterrent. 😂 Any person with even a mild case of ADD or ADHD would have to set alarms to program that thing.
The instructions seem to be geared toward an actual key:

Turn the ignition key from position 0 to position II 8 times within 10 seconds.
Turn the ignition key to position 0. A tone sounds to indicate that it is now possible to program a remote control.

The guy in the YT video is using a $255 programmer kit. A few people have said a locksmith charges about $75 to program a blank FOB which are cheap on ebay.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So you got it $10 cheaper than what we're paying for ours!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The instructions seem to be geared toward an actual key:
There are equivalent "positions" or ignition states for push-button start. These specific set of instructions from the owner's manual refer to push-button as "intelligent access". I have a Service Manual as well but don't recall running across that like I have the Owner's Manual. (could look for it if anyone wants the info)
1700357474260.png

View: https://youtu.be/ZRWYmIKNXQ4

The guy in the YT video is using a $255 programmer kit. A few people have said a locksmith charges about $75 to program a blank FOB which are cheap on ebay.
I was actually thinking about ForScan. I don't recall what the rental fee for the program was, but don't remember it being ridiculously priced. Unfortunately the only key fob program instructions that I've seen, refer to older vehicles. Perhaps it's not worth the effort assuming the Owner's Manual instructions satisfy all situations?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Nope, must have been a Euro/Brit/rest of world thing on there ST3(??) option package maybe??

I have that same MS-RT lower gap fill gel on my car's steering wheel.
Yeesh... yet another option they engineered, but actively excluded from our vehicles. For a "domestic" brand, they sure do seem to take us for granted.

pixelzombie

There are equivalent "positions" or ignition states for push-button start. These specific set of instructions from the owner's manual refer to push-button as "intelligent access". I have a Service Manual as well but don't recall running across that like I have the Owner's Manual. (could look for it if anyone wants the info)
View attachment 59146

View: https://youtu.be/ZRWYmIKNXQ4

I was actually thinking about ForScan. I don't recall what the rental fee for the program was, but don't remember it being ridiculously priced. Unfortunately the only key fob program instructions that I've seen, refer to older vehicles. Perhaps it's not worth the effort assuming the Owner's Manual instructions satisfy all situations?

I thought that video was going to do the trick until I read step one. 1. You must first have two programed keys and all of the keys have to be in the vehicle.

I only have 1 working fob.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I thought that video was going to do the trick until I read step one. 1. You must first have two programed keys and all of the keys have to be in the vehicle.

I only have 1 working fob.
You'll need ForScan. Yes that procedure only works if you have all keys and want to add another. I don't think we want a situation where I can get a replica key from Amazon, punch your window or pick the lock, hop in, quickly add that replica, crank up and drive off.

pixelzombie

You'll need ForScan. Yes that procedure only works if you have all keys and want to add another. I don't think we want a situation where I can get a replica key from Amazon, punch your window or pick the lock, hop in, quickly add that replica, crank up and drive off.
Is FORScan on android useful for anything?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
My wife called from the Walmart parking lot and said the FiST wouldn't start yesterday. Drove over and jump started it and had her bring it home. Put the charger on it and it showed 20% charge in the battery. The negative terminal also had some of that white corrosion stuff around it, so I cleaned it off and when I removed it to clean under the terminal I noticed that although the terminal seemed to be pinched all the way closed, the nut was not very tight. So I snugged it up when I put the cable back on. Turned the charger on and it took several hours, but it went all the way back up to 100% charge. Drove to the gas station and filled up, then to the grocery store and picked up some bread to go with lasagna. Seems to be starting fine now. So the wife will be driving to work and back and then I guess I'll check the state of charge.

The car is a 2019 and this is the original battery. Hope it was just due to the cable not being fully tight.