Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I pulled the trim to install the dashboard LED and the required wiring harness (that was shamefully excluded on post 2017s). Since I was cramming my hands into the guts of the dash, I also replaced the blend door actuator. Two days worth of work for what was essentially about an hours worth of job.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
View attachment 58679
I put a tiny cherry bomb muffler in my FSWerks exhaust. Yes it drones and yes I know it’s a cheap muffler but I wanted something louder and it’s a reversible mod for if I want quiet back lol. My brother designed and welded it up and it fits perfectly.
View attachment 58680
Cold start video
https://youtube.com/shorts/6Yy6p0vDWTY?si=e1O9IIB2e8c6i8F1
I got some videos of my exhaust in a tunnel on the blue ridge parkway in case anyone wondered how it sounds.
https://youtube.com/shorts/OzDzeOvs4R4?si=s1Z_lw3BvAFmwDzb

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Not today, but last weekend I drove to the NC mountains. There’s so many fun roads up there!
View attachment 59162
The WRX is my buddy’s car.
https://youtube.com/shorts/HhgwyqnTMrQ?si=zyFo3YPpC1YLCydF
Where’d you ride to? The climb up Beech Mountain parkway is a blast if you don’t get stuck behind a minivan going 15 the whole way. Highway 221 from Marion to Linville is awesome too and it’s two lanes each direction

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Where’d you ride to? The climb up Beech Mountain parkway is a blast if you don’t get stuck behind a minivan going 15 the whole way. Highway 221 from Marion to Linville is awesome too and it’s two lanes each direction
I was on 221 between linville and blowing rock. I highly recommend you check it out. Very curvy, not many people, and really beautiful scenery.

Last edited:
Installed my Spec D’s and I am pretty happy with them.
I reoiled my K&N filter; the instructions didn’t specify whether to oil both sides just that to spray on the crown of each pleat. So I did- on both sides. Something about it didn’t seem right so I did some research- I over oiled it. They recommend to oil only the receiving side. Glad I only drove it once but now I have to rewash and reoil it. That said I’ve seen a few videos about K&N being poor at filtration so I’m on the fence on whether to toss it completely.
IMG_7279.jpeg

pixelzombie

Installed my Spec D’s and I am pretty happy with them.
I reoiled my K&N filter; the instructions didn’t specify whether to oil both sides just that to spray on the crown of each pleat. So I did- on both sides. Something about it didn’t seem right so I did some research- I over oiled it. They recommend to oil only the receiving side. Glad I only drove it once but now I have to rewash and reoil it. That said I’ve seen a few videos about K&N being poor at filtration so I’m on the fence on whether to toss it completely.
I also have the reusable air filter, haven't re-oiled mine yet. People say all sorts of things on YT and forums without much in the way of facts to back up their claim.

I installed NGK LTR6BHX Ruthenium spark plugs this morning. I ran one step colder iridium plugs the last few years, but went with OEM recommended heat range plugs this time. I run E30 on a stratified tune but the vast majority of the time my FiST is not driven at high boost or high rpm. There are not a lot of cars where it is easier to do plugs than on a FiST, as long as you have a 5/8" spark plug socket with thin enough walls to fit into the plug holes.

I also have the reusable air filter, haven't re-oiled mine yet. People say all sorts of things on YT and forums without much in the way of facts to back up their claim.
I oiled mine by the directions- every ridge of every pleat. I then, just to make sure, watched the YT video from K&N, in the comments the K&N rep recommended just the receiving/dirty side. So yeah I have to consider excess oil might be getting onto the MAP sensor.

I agree, there are a number of conflicting opinions being given on YT. That said we’re driving turbo vehicles; any silica will cause premature turbo wear if it ever gets into our oil. It just isn’t worth the risk, I bought the dry ITG filter off of Whoosh.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Replaced my serpentine belt and swapped out my old Cobb rmm for a vibratecnics fast road rmm. I had some issues getting the OEM bracket to fit on the VT mount but I fixed it by filing the hole out slightly.
View attachment 59055
I only drove it briefly but the shifting felt tighter and I didn’t notice any new vibrations. Now I just need the transmission mount.
I'm on my 2nd one after 50k on the first. The directions say to install bracket by getting it lined up. Then use the force of the bolt to draw the bracket onto the mount while torqing it to spec. The mount itself has went to a rounded sleeve instead of a hexagon style like old.
Old Style* with white paint to accent the hex shape.
20231026_151206.jpg
New Style that is Round* I let Ron know also.

20231026_151215.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got infamous p0016* car runs fine. Vct-i and Vct-e reading are off/ not correct. Just a Tad over 100k ..BT DHM360R...4-port Aux...Getting Fomoco timing belt kit by a Fomoco Tech. He agreed and said he has seen the belts skip or jump....But not often. FeloPr had the p0017 and encountered a similar issue. Replaced Timing belt with the fomoco kit. Rums like a Top. So I will say this....Do not believe in 10yrs 150k. This reminds me of their claim of "lifetime" Trans fluid in some of their vehicles a while back. Over 100k people....Get it done and chill on performance parts for bit. 20231124_123817.jpg

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Got infamous p0016* car runs fine. Vct-i and Vct-e reading are off/ not correct. Just a Tad over 100k ..BT DHM360R...4-port Aux...Getting Fomoco timing belt kit by a Fomoco Tech. He agreed and said he has seen the belts skip or jump....But not often. FeloPr had the p0017 and encountered a similar issue. Replaced Timing belt with the fomoco kit. Rums like a Top. So I will say this....Do not believe in 10yrs 150k. This reminds me of their claim of "lifetime" Trans fluid in some of their vehicles a while back. Over 100k people....Get it done and chill on performance parts for bit. View attachment 59216
I got a 160k. My mechanic said he’s taken care of the timing belt on these motors already so maybe I’ll take him up on it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got a 160k. My mechanic said he’s taken care of the timing belt on these motors already so maybe I’ll take him up on it.
I sure would* I'm almost double stock HP...So to those who are riding the lightning also....Id suggest getting it done sooner than later and NOT FOLLOWING fomoco recommend mait. Schedule. F-that noise.