Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Dialcaliper

Not entirely true. The E15 in question is not available to be sold as "normal" gasoline at the pump . In some states, "E15" is sold as its own product, listed as 88 octane. The only thing that changed was they lifted the ban on it being sold June-September (which smacks of oil lobbies - "more volatile in the heat" with modern EVAP systems on cars and vapor recovery on gas pumps - seriously?). So it has a relatively small effect, and also there's no equivalent "premium" version that would replace 91-94 Octane

Dialcaliper

Finally fitted my ADF skidplate overtop of the Swave and Summit 4-point brace! Have cake and eat it too. Still have more ground clearance than I did with the Pierce 2-point, even with the skidplate. It came very well packed!

I ordered it back in January when they were out of stock, and for a little extra ($30) they had it done in a custom color. FYI the new skidplates have oil and filter access panels like the Focus plates. They also moved the filter hatch for me over to where I will eventually install a relocation kit (normally its under where the filter is obviously).

More photos in the build thread:
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/feisty-the-family-car.30825/post-502439

Attachments

Last edited:
Not entirely true. The E15 in question is not available to be sold as "normal" gasoline at the pump . In some states, "E15" is sold as its own product, listed as 88 octane. The only thing that changed was they lifted the ban on it being sold June-September (which smacks of oil lobbies - "more volatile in the heat" with modern EVAP systems on cars and vapor recovery on gas pumps - seriously?). So it has a relatively small effect, and also there's no equivalent "premium" version that would replace 91-94 Octane
Yuo, you’re right

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Finally fitted my ADF skidplate overtop of the Swave and Summit 4-point brace! Have cake and eat it too. Still have more ground clearance than I did with the Pierce 2-point, even with the skidplate. It came very well packed!

I ordered it back in January when they were out of stock, and for a little extra ($30) they had it done in a custom color. FYI the new skidplates have oil and filter access panels like the Focus plates. They also moved the filter hatch for me over to where I will eventually install a relocation kit (normally its under where the filter is obviously).

More photos in the build thread:
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/feisty-the-family-car.30825/post-502439
How do you change the Filter on the front of the block?

Dialcaliper

How do you change the Filter on the front of the block?
For now I’ll take the Skidplate off, but oil analysis told me to go another 8000 miles and I’m running Amsoil longlife filters, so it won’t be more than once (plan to install the relocation as soon as the filter comes off next). As I said, the normal ADF plate has the big access panel in the “correct” location for the filter.

Skidplate is only 8 bolts, so it’s not too difficult.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For now I’ll take the Skidplate off, but oil analysis told me to go another 8000 miles and I’m running Amsoil longlife filters, so it won’t be more than once (plan to install the relocation as soon as the filter comes off next). As I said, the normal ADF plate has the big access panel in the “correct” location for the filter.

Mine has no access doors at all in it, but it is just four 19mm bolts and it is off, the back two just need to be loosened, as the rear mounting points are slotted.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

I have the same skid plate with the access points but I normally just remove it entirely because it’s easy and allows me to inspect the bottom of the engine and transmission

1nsanity

Premium Account
Man....... am i thankful i bought this beasty years ago..and its functional.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...engineering-rear-diffuser-fiesta-st-2014-2018
Yeah, thought about the diffuser but will see if i can fabricate the shielding a previous forum member made. I am planning to get that skid plate also. Seems the city streets are a harsher environment than dirt roads these days lol.

Also no codes so far so probably was the evap line solenoid. Going to splice my old 2014/2015 so easily swap out that part. See how that goes…

Last edited:

1nsanity

Premium Account

So far no issues when I went to my old two line evap harness for the 2016 and up models. Idle ran smooth and no startup issues when I filled up.

Decided to go ahead and cut out the old purge valve and added in a new one on my 2014/2015 evap line. Used some 3/8 fuel line hose and 4 hose clamps, similar to what fiestaSTdude did. Maybe replace with bolt clamps. So far running good and set up for an easy swap for the purge valve…

A little tune-up after my trip south to Tail of the Dragon. Air filter (FA-1914) and fresh NGK 6510/LTR7IX-11 spark plugs. I threw a P0303 a couple days after returning; cylinder 3 negative electrode was completely gone! :oops:

Attachments