Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Been putting off working on the car for a while now busy with family. Anyways I’ve been sitting on these for probably a year now and finally got around to installing them along with reinstalling the updated version coolerworx shifter. Also took that moment to install the EasyEsc and a gas pedal spacer and pedal clamp on. Cars starting to come together.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does it divert air over or under the sound deadening material on the bottom of the cabin area?
That's not it's purpose, but is a good question nonetheless. [wink]

A wind tunnel would probably be required to know this for sure.

But when mine (a Skid Plate Guy's) is installed, it seems like the airflow would miss/be diverted over the leading edges/corners of the factory unibody protectors, but would contact it further back along the unibody cabin area.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
That's not it's purpose, but is a good question nonetheless. [wink]

A wind tunnel would probably be required to know this for sure.

But when mine (a Skid Plate Guy's) is installed, it seems like the airflow would miss/be diverted over the leading edges/corners of the factory unibody protectors, but would contact it further back along the unibody cabin area.
Member Ton's comment implied for Winter use. Here especially, the air contains a lot of salt-dust. (gets into every crack and crevice 🙄) That salt dust and salt water gets through the intercooler, condensor and radiator and enters the engine bay. Because of that, the exhaust, frame and suspension components should be subject to a regular underbody wash as well. Having the skid plate there might impact our ability to access those components durnig an underbody wash. I would say that if the skid plate directed the air beneath the sound deadening material, it may do more harm than good. But the reality is, air seems to be directed under there, without that skid plate anyway. Evidence of this is, the sound deadening material's drain holes turn white with salt brine during the Winter. (and seems to stay that way for quite awhile without actively flushing the salt out from beneath that material)

Intuit

3000 Post Club

pixelzombie

Been putting off working on the car for a while now busy with family. Anyways I’ve been sitting on these for probably a year now and finally got around to installing them along with reinstalling the updated version coolerworx shifter. Also took that moment to install the EasyEsc and a gas pedal spacer and pedal clamp on. Cars starting to come together.
Those seats are stylish. Are they also heated?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Because they were a limited run of only 10 total sets in this color combo unfortunately no but i have yet to ever have the pleasure of having a heated seat so no biggie for me. They do offer that option on their regular run seats.
Thise seats are awesome. You’re not missing much on the heated seats, IMO. Air conditioned seats are incredible though!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Looks like it it doesn't. Plus as @M-Sport said, it's positioned to direct air over that dampening material rather than the default path of underneath. Looks like a win for the Winter. 👍
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/feisty-the-family-car.30825/post-502453
I believe that Ton's worry was damage from large chunks of ice on the roads (and possibly huge crater impacts as well??), and not necessarily any salt soup corrosion prevention.
Although yes, that is a concern for anyone residing in the incessant salt/brine dumping during winter, northern tier states.

Dialcaliper

K&N claims it's the same size as the FL400
Interesting - there are actually two more sizes larger than FL400 with the same diameter, threads and o-ring.

FL-1A (5.21” tall)
FL-405 (6.77” tall)

There’s an FL-1HP from Ford racing with a high pressure casing, but hard to find. FL-1A (whatever the K&N equivalent) is what it looks like you might have, and may fit with stock radiator, but good luck with a thicker radiator.

Many other companies including Amsoil also have equivalents in all 4 sizes.

Last edited:

1nsanity

Premium Account
Some road debris hit the vent solenoid unit on my evap canister and dislodged it while driving around city streets about a month and a half ago. Plastic edges were scraped a bit when i was able to safely pull over and inspect and was able to pop back on to inspect more when I got home.

Didn’t realize location wise how susceptible the canister was to damage as never really paid the evap system much attention outside overfill issues people have along with replacing to a 2014/15 evap line which I had done a little over half a year ago, more for preventive measures as never got those evap symptoms.

I decided to ride it out to see if I received any codes. A month or so later I started to get p1459 followed by p0456. I assumed was due to the damage I took in the evap canister. Luckily I was able to source a new oem evap canister assembly for $90 shipped and decided to replace it all rather then the solenoid. After a couple days codes started poping up yesterday once again… Swapped back to my two piece evap lines and oem intake and pulled the takeda cai and 2014/15 evap line and will wait and see. That 2014/15 evap line was just purchased a little over half a year ago from whoosh and not even 5-6k miles on it…

Seems a lot of the evap components have high rate of failure. Order spare vent and purge solenoid as will use the other canister assembly as a back up. Will splice into the 2015 evap line as some did here to make easier for replacement. Any particular aftermarket manufacturer like or stick with oem?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Some road debris hit the vent solenoid unit on my evap canister and dislodged it while driving around city streets about a month and a half ago. Plastic edges were scraped a bit when i was able to safely pull over and inspect and was able to pop back on to inspect more when I got home.

Didn’t realize location wise how susceptible the canister was to damage as never really paid the evap system much attention outside overfill issues people have along with replacing to a 2014/15 evap line which I had done a little over half a year ago, more for preventive measures as never got those evap symptoms.

I decided to ride it out to see if I received any codes. A month or so later I started to get p1459 followed by p0456. I assumed was due to the damage I took in the evap canister. Luckily I was able to source a new oem evap canister assembly for $90 shipped and decided to replace it all rather then the solenoid. After a couple days codes started poping up yesterday once again… Swapped back to my two piece evap lines and oem intake and pulled the takeda cai and 2014/15 evap line and will wait and see. That 2014/15 evap line was just purchased a little over half a year ago from whoosh and not even 5-6k miles on it…

Seems a lot of the evap components have high rate of failure. Order spare vent and purge solenoid as will use the other canister assembly as a back up. Will splice into the 2015 evap line as some did here to make easier for replacement. Any particular aftermarket manufacturer like or stick with oem?
Man....... am i thankful i bought this beasty years ago..and its functional.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...engineering-rear-diffuser-fiesta-st-2014-2018