Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Car is at the shop. Slave cyl decided to take a permanent vacation while at a stop light. Decided now is the time to upgrade my clutch while I'm replacing the slave. Should have the car back in about a week or 2.

RTS clutch ordered from Whoosh. We'll see if Ron can pull through and get it to the shop this week. I'm going with the twin friction disk and single mass flywheel. Should be good to about 396HP or so.

Found these waiting for me when I got back from taking the kids up north. Can’t believe I get to drive wheels and tires like this - it’s a dream. Enkei’s with (used but usable) RT660s. Got them all for $700.

Can’t wait to try them out at the next autox - so long all seasons and heavy wheels! View attachment 56856
Got them onto the car to test before the next autox. Unbelievable difference - the change in unsprung mass is immediately noticeable. Steering is sharper, turn in immediate, etc. And the grip! Was fun to hear stones and sand pinging off the wheel wells in my neighborhood from the adhesion.
55847F67-A327-4F32-BC25-F26C6F343987.jpeg
Now to get the all seasons back on before I wear these out with fun runs…

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
The worst part of taking the turbo out was taking the 10mm that holds the driver side coolant line bracket to the block. I found a 1/4 swivel socket with a 3’ extension worked best
Putting it back in made me invent new curse words. Eventually God felt sorry for me and it threaded itself. If I have to remove the heat shield to deal with anything underneath...I may just sell the car as that bracket needs to be undone then.

Bled my brakes in preparation for my track day on Wednesday and figured I'd give it the first of probably two washdowns this week. Unfortunately it gets covered in pollen instantly which shows because blackcarthings, and also these self serve washes never have an air blow of any sort so I kinda just let it drip dry as much as possible then give it some high speed driving to reduce the water spots.
1690163692902.png

pixelzombie

Bled my brakes in preparation for my track day on Wednesday and figured I'd give it the first of probably two washdowns this week. Unfortunately it gets covered in pollen instantly which shows because blackcarthings, and also these self serve washes never have an air blow of any sort so I kinda just let it drip dry as much as possible then give it some high speed driving to reduce the water spots.
View attachment 56980
How difficult is it to bleed the brakes on the FiST?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
View attachment 56980
Are you still getting tree pollen there, or is it from other sources?

The tree pollen is all gone here now, and the grass, plant, flower, etc. pollen is not that bad here, so my car can actually stay clean for more than a day as long as there is no rain, and low winds to keep the dust from flying around and settling on the car.

How difficult is it to bleed the brakes on the FiST?
Pretty trivial using FORscan, I got the $60 cable and the $12 license and overall it was... honestly pretty nice. I would get the pressure system/reservoir discussed in other threads, the ABS bleed you use to bleed/flush is intended to run both your left and right simultaneously, so it drinks fluid like nobody's business while bleeding. I might have accidentally let it get too low and introduced a ton of air to the system but I only contaminated the LF brake line with it, easy enough fix. Only downside was that the rear brake caliper bleeders are at a weird angle that wouldn't fit my cheapo little brake bleed kit so I just found some random tubing and tried to direct as much of the brake fluid away and into my drip pan as possible. Not optimal. Not sure what the solution is for that, but I'll figure something out. Probably just buy some clear tubing ahead of time that'll fit and directly attach it. The perk of even just tubing is that it helps seal the bleeder from letting in air while you run to tighten it down again lol.

But overall, pretty easy one man job. You can probably have it done in like 20 minutes solo including time to jack it up, take the wheels off, bleed, put the wheels back on, lower it and torque it depending on tools and comfort level.

Are you still getting tree pollen there, or is it from other sources?

The tree pollen is all gone here now, and the grass, plant, flower, etc. pollen is not that bad here, so my car can actually stay clean for more than a day as long as there is no rain, and low winds to keep the dust from flying around and settling on the car.
I assume it's still trees. It's better than it was for sure, but with it being a black car... it doesn't mean much. The pollen I can handle overall though, it's when the birds all decide to hit it overnight despite being nowhere close to any trees or anything that really gets me.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
View attachment 56980
Buy this drying towel by Exoforma. It is the BEST drying towel i've ever used. Shit holds water like you wouldn't believe.

https://exoforma.com/products/double-sided-twisted-loop-microfiber-drying-towel-24x36

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I assume it's still trees. It's better than it was for sure, but with it being a black car... it doesn't mean much. The pollen I can handle overall though, it's when the birds all decide to hit it overnight despite being nowhere close to any trees or anything that really gets me.
Yeah, they do tend to high altitude 'bomb' my poor ride as well, on their 'flyovers'.
Luckily I am NOT in the flight path of any Canada Geese in this locale!

I keep some Poorboys or Detailing Products spray in the car with some microfiber to handle that (literal) shit when I go out to the car and see the damage. [wink]

Buy this drying towel by Exoforma. It is the BEST drying towel i've ever used. Shit holds water like you wouldn't believe.

https://exoforma.com/products/double-sided-twisted-loop-microfiber-drying-towel-24x36
This would require me to remember it if I'm going to a self serve wash, and I guarantee I won't every time. Helps I usually wash it at home, but when it's oppressively sunny like it is lately everything dries on instantly. Might grab one for the house and if I'm lucky I'll remember it when I need it

Yeah, they do tend to high altitude 'bomb' my poor ride as well, on their 'flyovers'.
Luckily I am NOT in the flight path of any Canada Geese in this locale!

I keep some Poorboys or Detailing Products spray in the car with some microfiber to handle that (literal) shit when I go out to the car and see the damage. [wink]
I'm no longer in Canada Geese's path, but I grew up playing football in fields they would land in while migrating. I have some kind of trauma from it lol.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
This would require me to remember it if I'm going to a self serve wash, and I guarantee I won't every time. Helps I usually wash it at home, but when it's oppressively sunny like it is lately everything dries on instantly. Might grab one for the house and if I'm lucky I'll remember it when I need it

I'm no longer in Canada Geese's path, but I grew up playing football in fields they would land in while migrating. I have some kind of trauma from it lol.
Even worse when you can explain to someone what it tastes like!

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Stick it in the spare tire compartment.

Or get a "The Absorber" synthetic chamois. It also can fit in a cubby in the back or you can do like my wife does and stand it in the cupholder in the door pocket. It comes in a plastic tube shaped case.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Or get a "The Absorber" synthetic chamois. It also can fit in a cubby in the back or you can do like my wife does and stand it in the cupholder in the door pocket. It comes in a plastic tube shaped case.
I've been using those things now for about 20yrs. Great for drying the car!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Had those....The Exoforma drying towel is the BEST* BUY ONE...i can dry my entire car without wringing it out once and no water spots! Don't believe me let me show you my chemical and towel collection..its disturbing. I'm always on the quest to find the BEST.