Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
Got the Eibach front swaybar done with Whoosh SS lines plus a clutch/brake bleed. Took the car to the track right after. Needs an alignment but she handles like a go kart as is. Swaybar is definitely worth it.
Makes sense your car came with the smaller front swaybar. One reason I like my 2018 it came with the larger front stock.

Last edited:
Curious: doing the trac bar on jack stands, were you able to tighten the control arm bolts per spec? If I remember right it was a torque spec (like 90 ft-lb or something) then 180 deg. I have an 18” 1/2” drive breaker bar and got maybe 90 deg rotation. I’m not worried about it really. But curious how you fared.
Basically got the same - torque plus 90 degrees or until the end of the handle hit the floor. No problems. I even checked the bolts a couple weeks ago when it was back up for my intercooler install and still all good.

KXNGABE85

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Got the HKS SSQV blow off valve installed finally! The removal of the stock BOV and then install of the block off plate was crazy easy with a 12 inch extension > swivel adapter > 5mm allen head. Raised the front, took the wheel off, and you could just work it in no problem.

The symposer was a huge pain in the ass to remove. Was working in the parking lot and had a neighbor randomly come out and provide some much needed extra hands and help. I liked the symposer noise but sort of hated the ear fatigue and competing frequencies in the 2800-3300 RPM range. Totally cleaned that up but you do loose that little bit of growl. Overall worth it.

My snap ring wasn't quite installed correctly so on my first full boost pull the whole thing came out of the adapter. Drove home, re-installed, all good now!

The sound is WEIRD. I love it though. I'll have to try the other insert I have as well. Can get all kinds of squacks, whooshes, and stu-tu-tu as you want it. I'm sure not everyone is driving around playing their car and mods like an instrument but I just can't help myself. The way it holds and vents feels really good, to the point the gas pedal is just feeling more rigid and responsive. Very happy I went this route though I want to try the Turbosmart full recirc as well. I love the way that setup sounds too.

View attachment 56646

Bean tax! :geek:

. View attachment 56647
Looks great! I got the same setup and absolutely love the sound! But you make a great point I should try some other inserts!

Found these waiting for me when I got back from taking the kids up north. Can’t believe I get to drive wheels and tires like this - it’s a dream. Enkei’s with (used but usable) RT660s. Got them all for $700.

Can’t wait to try them out at the next autox - so long all seasons and heavy wheels! B600D1AF-30EA-461F-86D7-11170DCB3108.jpeg

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
View attachment 56855
Got the old turbo off with no complications. S280 going in Sunday!
Did you drain out coolant or just disconnect coolant lines and deal with what came out? I'm planning to just shift the reservoir and take the lines off without dropping all the coolant

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Did you drain out coolant or just disconnect coolant lines and deal with what came out? I'm planning to just shift the reservoir and take the lines off without dropping all the coolant
I shift the reservoir and jam a rubber stopper in the line before too much coolant drains out. Oil is harder to stop, but not much oil comes out anyways. If you disconnect the oil drain from the turbo and the oil feed from the engine and just let it sit for 10-15 min with a drip pan, you’ll get the turbo mostly emptied as to not drip oil on your face or the valve cover depending which direction you go.

pixelzombie

Painted the engine cover using Metalcast Automotive Spray Paint. From a distance you can't see the minor flaws. I had it in a box during painting, but the wind still got a few small particles on there. I should have done it in an empty garage with the door closed.

IMG_20230714_113038.jpg

IMG_1345.jpeg IMG_1347.jpeg
S280 is in. Let it warm up and took it for a spin. So far so good. WOT boost psi the most it read was 16.86 then drops back down to 15 psi and holds. That should be good right? Also noticed a small drop of oil around the paper gasket for the oil drain pipe. Not too worried about that I’ll just keep checking it every now and then.