Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird clunking noise front right passenger wheel.

Original J-Pat

I have 123k on my 2014 fiesta st with stock suspension and I will sometimes get this clunking noise. I can go a whole drive and hear nothing and sometimes it's obnoxious like something is loose. I had a trusted mechanic friend look at it and he said it was probably my strut. Visibly I cannot see anything wrong so is that my best bet? He said just to replace them, and I have the cash and probably will do all four and do Bilstein B8's with swift springs since I have the money and wanted a better ride. Anything I'm over looking?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have 123k on my 2014 fiesta st with stock suspension and I will sometimes get this clunking noise. I can go a whole drive and hear nothing and sometimes it's obnoxious like something is loose. I had a trusted mechanic friend look at it and he said it was probably my strut. Visibly I cannot see anything wrong so is that my best bet? He said just to replace them, and I have the cash and probably will do all four and do Bilstein B8's with swift springs since I have the money and wanted a better ride. Anything I'm over looking?
Passenger side Engine Mount top Bolt likes to break if its still an OEM mount*

Fiestig

If it makes the noise when turning (right mostly if I recall) into an incline driveway, it will be your sway bar bushings which do wear and will cause a random "clunk".

OP
Original J-Pat

Original J-Pat

Thread Starter #6
If it makes the noise when turning (right mostly if I recall) into an incline driveway, it will be your sway bar bushings which do wear and will cause a random "clunk".
I think you and pixelzombie might be right because I can't see the endlinks unless I jack the car up.

Fiestig

Sway bar end links and bushings are both very simple cheap fixes. If you do the sway bar bushings (which you should do anyway if you do the end links) be sure to get swivel head ratchet. It makes sway bar bushings a 15-20min job

OP
Original J-Pat

Original J-Pat

Thread Starter #11
If it’s only when you turn- consider looking at your hub bearing.
Turning doesn't bring it on more so when the road gets bumpy. With that said it's been a pretty bumpy ride some days and I don't hear it at all.

OP
Original J-Pat

Original J-Pat

Thread Starter #12
It's sordove under the coolant reservoir * So it's not put in the open.
I checked all those bolts, and they look fine so I'm guessing the best guess from everyone else on the sway bar links is probably my problem.