Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Virtual Dyno Results Thread

RAAM

U.S. Navy Veteran
V dyno showing way more power than possible when loading my last tune from 2016, GT2560R with custom wheel. 414 HP, 341 ft lbs, nice smooth power curve. That was with WMI, big IC, etc...car weight shows 2568 but it is closer to 2600 now, no driver weight shown, not sure why the old weight and no driver. Tire diameter 22.9" 3rd gear pull. It should be more like 350 HP but I do not recall what it used to show. Bringing the car back from many years in storage with bad head, engine replaced with 2016, it was a 2104 engine before.

I am going to get a new tune as soon as I have it running which is any day now.

Any idea why reading so high?

I just checked, I am on version 1.2.7, I guess I might want to update it a bit:)

Thanks,
Rick

Last edited:
V dyno showing way more power than possible when loading my last tune from 2016, GT2560R with custom wheel. 414 HP, 341 ft lbs, nice smooth power curve. That was with WMI, big IC, etc...car weight shows 2568 but it is closer to 2600 now, no driver weight shown, not sure why the old weight and no driver. Tire diameter 22.9" 3rd gear pull. It should be more like 350 HP but I do not recall what it used to show. Bringing the car back from many years in storage with bad head, engine replaced with 2016, it was a 2104 engine before.

I just checked, I am on version 1.2.7, I guess I might want to update it a bit:)

Thanks,
Rick
let’s see the chart!

Also are you running the default loaded fiesta st settings? Smaller diameter tires without adjusting?

RAAM

U.S. Navy Veteran
If I recall I made my own custom FiST profile, way back in 2014 or so. When I load it the weight shows 2568 lbs which is what my car weighed back then, it grew to around 2600lbs later on so I change out that number then add my weight when I made the tuning runs back in 2016. I looked up the tire specs to make sure correctly entered as well.

All my tuning was done in 3rd gear, most at high altitudes, did some in Phoenix in 117 degrees, my car never overheated with ducted big radiator and good oil cooler as well as big IC. I was closer to those numbers when I had the EFR turbo, more torque though. I went through a lot of trouble and cost to switch to a smaller turbo to lessen torque steer as the power hit so hard and I had so much grip it was hard to drive it well. Only after doing so the guy that bought it went to a different and far better tuner than I thought I was using....I should of kept it.

Usually my power numbers were lower than most since my tuning runs almost always done at 5,200 or 4,800 ft elevation.

---------
Personally I have rarely drag raced, just to much time and money for a few seconds of fun. I used to autocross on and off over the decades, won regional championships in 510's back in the 70's. Then I got into track days, time trials, etc and rarely did anything other than that including only one stoplight race in at least 30 years where I pounded a current then in 2016 M5 badly and let off at 80MPH as more than far enough ahead.

----------
I only launched my car hard once, that was the M5 beating I handed down and it hooked really well, spun a bit in 1st, spun a tiny bit in 2nd then grabbed and blasted by the M5.

----------

Attachments

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Thanks,
Rick
Welcome back Rick!

If I recall I made my own custom FiST profile, way back in 2014 or so. When I load it the weight shows 2568 lbs which is what my car weighed back then, it grew to around 2600lbs later on so I change out that number then add my weight when I made the tuning runs back in 2016. I looked up the tire specs to make sure correctly entered as well.

All my tuning was done in 3rd gear, most at high altitudes, did some in Phoenix in 117 degrees, my car never overheated with ducted big radiator and good oil cooler as well as big IC. I was closer to those numbers when I had the EFR turbo, more torque though. I went through a lot of trouble and cost to switch to a smaller turbo to lessen torque steer as the power hit so hard and I had so much grip it was hard to drive it well. Only after doing so the guy that bought it went to a different and far better tuner than I thought I was using....I should of kept it.

Usually my power numbers were lower than most since my tuning runs almost always done at 5,200 or 4,800 ft elevation.

---------
Personally I have rarely drag raced, just to much time and money for a few seconds of fun. I used to autocross on and off over the decades, won regional championships in 510's back in the 70's. Then I got into track days, time trials, etc and rarely did anything other than that including only one stoplight race in at least 30 years where I pounded a current then in 2016 M5 badly and let off at 80MPH as more than far enough ahead.

----------
I only launched my car hard once, that was the M5 beating I handed down and it hooked really well, spun a bit in 1st, spun a tiny bit in 2nd then grabbed and blasted by the M5.

----------
first step is probably to update to the latest vdyno then use the fiesta st preset just to get on the same page. Something seems wrong with the variables vdyno is pulling too unless you are really topping out at 16psi of boost?

RAAM

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thanks Typhoon! (I have been at sea in the middle of two of those, not really fun but cool handle:)

OK, 1.8.6 VD, EFR, looks about right, tuned at either 4,800 or 5,200 ft so pretty good numbers but the torque steer was a handful. If I had switched tuners it would of been fix, likely a bit more power and much more linear.

Attachments

RAAM

U.S. Navy Veteran
VD 1.8.6 with GT2560R, custom turbine, WMI, 4,700 ft elevation, much easier to drive but sure felt like less power than this shows and pretty should of ramped up boost sooner with that turbo. I picked that one knowing there was a bolt on swap I could go to if it was not enough turbo. I have not looked into the latest and greatest turbos on the market, I wonder what bolt on would give the best wide power band, I do not need a ton of power if I keep the car, will delete the WMI.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I will have it running, hopefully tomorrow, then work on a new tune soon after. I might fall back in love with this car after being parked so many years.
Talk to Westley From Phul Performance currently now at EMS ....ONe of the Best Tuners I've encountered for our platform. We are going back through my tune currently on my new Engine. Couldn't be happier! d2bOZ4zvrpTGM.gif

VD 1.8.6 with GT2560R, custom turbine, WMI, 4,700 ft elevation, much easier to drive but sure felt like less power than this shows and pretty should of ramped up boost sooner with that turbo. I picked that one knowing there was a bolt on swap I could go to if it was not enough turbo. I have not looked into the latest and greatest turbos on the market, I wonder what bolt on would give the best wide power band, I do not need a ton of power if I keep the car, will delete the WMI.
Something still seems off here, no way you are making 440 whp with 15 pounds of boost, maybe just the boost variable is missmapped?

RAAM

U.S. Navy Veteran
It is off and I do not know why, it never showed that much when originally tuned, more like lower to mid 300 WHP. The EFR setup was far quicker yet look at the power numbers and it was 24 PSI.

It is off and I do not know why, it never showed that much when originally tuned, more like lower to mid 300 WHP. The EFR setup was far quicker yet look at the power numbers and it was 24 PSI.
If you want to send me a log I can check on mine, dm me and I’ll send you my email

RAAM

U.S. Navy Veteran
Almost ready to start it up, realized I forgot to buy new gear lube for the Quaife enhanced box, brake fluid, Castrol SRF, and a few little things left to finish up, day off tomorrow, Saturday the fluids are due to arrive so plan to get it running then except going to be 103 and pretty hot unless the delivery is pretty early.

Rick