Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vibration.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just noticed vibration through the steering wheel when doing about 60mph on the freeway. Had the wheels balanced, no problem. Checked the alignment, no problem. Brand new Lionhart tyres on the front about a month ago. Took it to the dealer and a mechanic checked underneath and noticed some slight movement in the stabilizer bars. Will replace as they're only about $30 each. Is he correct in his assessment? Just curious.

Did it only start when you got new tires? .. Do you have aftermarket rims? If the latter are the concentric rings still there? .. Never heard of LionHeart tires. Cheap Chinese from a bit of research....

Go get a set of decent tires. Not the place to cheap out on a performance car.

Did it only start when you got new tires? .. Do you have aftermarket rims? If the latter are the concentric rings still there? .. Never heard of LionHeart tires. Cheap Chinese from a bit of research....

Go get a set of decent tires. Not the place to cheap out on a performance car.
I believe that Braids are hub-centric, given that every one is basically a custom build to order for the application.

But I agree with you on the tires thing, especially given those great wheels. [wink]

OP
R

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
It's NOT the tyres. This is my 3rd set with no problems. Maybe cheap but I'm more than happy with their performance. No rings on the BRAID rims. Not needed. I've had them for nearly 6yrs with no problems, so I can take them off my list. I'm going to go out tomorrow with the traction control off and see what happens. If it persists, it's going to the dealer for new stabilizer bars.

As an aside, car flew through the smog check today. 10yrs old and still good!

Last edited:
OP
R

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
rotate the tires front to back. if the vibration goes away or stops coming through the steering wheel, you got a bad tire. it happens.
I'd thought about that. I also bought two new tyres just in case I'd flat spotted them doing an emergency stop on the fwy. I might just throw them away and fit the new ones. Here, they're $80 each. I ordered 2 from W. Virginia, paid $53 each with free shipping. Arrived 2 days after ordering. We get ripped off here.

OP
R

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
Had the sway bar links installed today. Will take the fwy tomorrow and see if the problem is cured. If not, I'll get the new tyres installed.