Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VelosterN vs Whoosh hybrid FiST 30 roll

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
My coworker picked up a '21 VelosterN DCT. We are going to find out who has a better 30 roll.

He's completely stock with 18k

I'm whoosh hybrid with supporting mods. I'll probably be on E30.

What are your guesses? I'll update after it's done.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #3
So ended up running 93 map. He took me off the honk everytime but I could reel him in very steadily. I think I need to learn how to 30 and 40 roll. I tried to keep the car at 3k rpm as my starting point and I think this was too low as every pull I'd start reeling him in higher in the rpms.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #4
Now I'm more familiar with the sound my wastegate makes lol. Haven't noticed that thing "honking" like that so loudly.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I don’t know the hybrid too well but I’d think you want to keep it around 3500rpm at the launch if possible at that speed

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #6
So I changed over to E30 and started the pulls at 4k this time. Wasn't even a competition. Shot out ahead and continued creating distance. So we agreed to revisit in a few months, I'll go back to 93 and use the 4k rpm again and take notes.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
So I changed over to E30 and started the pulls at 4k this time. Wasn't even a competition. Shot out ahead and continued creating distance. So we agreed to revisit in a few months, I'll go back to 93 and use the 4k rpm again and take notes.
That’s more like it!