Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

UPDATED 1.6L BLOCK

LucasHigh

Premium Account
IMG20240702211323.jpg
My updated 1.6 block arrived, haven't fully unboxed it yet this is the only photo I have for now

However i did do some digging from this picture it has thermostat housing design and coolant jackets designs from our mk7.5 engine, while having the cylinder walls from the 1.5 block

What is the block p/n? Should be stamped on the side, then we could scour the world for more of these mythical blocks.

OP
LucasHigh

LucasHigh

Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Finally got most of everything in the mail, only think I'm waiting on now is the v2 Mountune Camshafts, I have the old motor just sitting on motor mounts waiting to be pulled

3rd picture is the part number for the updated block with the old style thermostat housing

Attachments

OP
LucasHigh

LucasHigh

Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
yes
the only thing i dont know about is Jason from Dizzy told me I have to shim the springs for the cams, so i have to figure out how to do that, if anyone has any input on how to do that it would be appreciated

OP
LucasHigh

LucasHigh

Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
Been slow at work spent the better part of an hour trying to find the short block on various ford parts websites could not find it

I haven’t seen the new block design advertised anywhere else. It could be worth contacting Mountune in the UK to see if they have any insight. They’re by far the most helpful people I’ve ever dealt with.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I haven’t seen the new block design advertised anywhere else. It could be worth contacting Mountune in the UK to see if they have any insight. They’re by far the most helpful people I’ve ever dealt with.
It’s amazing how useful Mountune UK is when considering how absolutely useless Mountune USA has been the last few years.