Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ultimate guide for those considering Euro projector headlights - all the basics in one thread!

Cars245 canceled my order for the Depo lights. I’m low-key ok with this, I wanted an excuse to get the Hella units, and now I have one.

Why did they cancel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
”System error” [dunno] I did get a confirmation email that the payment was received and everything was good before this.

The items were listed as special order, so maybe there was a long lead time? Not sure, but the OEM ones are listed as in stock and ready to ship.

Attachments

Big thanks again to @Djkid1456 !
The terminals just came in and I was able to get those suckers in with an add-a-circuit to the F20 fuse like @danbfree has on the first page of this guide. I used 16 gauge wire and I do NOT recommend that in the future, that mess was rough getting into the connector. Best to stick with 18 gauge.

Worked perfect! They look great with just the ignition on, didn’t realize how bright these were during the day since I was only using the Low position prior. Still have a bit of flicker from both sides at idle, only when they are in their “low” setting (parking lights, headlights on, etc). Gonna have to trace that down it looks like. Could also just be the Depo headlights I got, not too sure.

Big thanks again to @Djkid1456 !
The terminals just came in and I was able to get those suckers in with an add-a-circuit to the F20 fuse like @danbfree has on the first page of this guide. I used 16 gauge wire and I do NOT recommend that in the future, that mess was rough getting into the connector. Best to stick with 18 gauge.

Worked perfect! They look great with just the ignition on, didn’t realize how bright these were during the day since I was only using the Low position prior. Still have a bit of flicker from both sides at idle, only when they are in their “low” setting (parking lights, headlights on, etc). Gonna have to trace that down it looks like. Could also just be the Depo headlights I got, not too sure.
Any time brother. Glad it all worked out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

has anyone experienced the daytime strip staying on for a long period of time after the car is turned off? like 2 or 3 minutes

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

has anyone experienced the daytime strip staying on for a long period of time after the car is turned off? like 2 or 3 minutes

I have seen this happen like 4 times and it lasted 2 exact minutes each time. It was after turning off the car walking out locking the vehicle and then the led strip will stay on high for 2 minutes. ( so cant say I did anything different for this to happen )
I can’t recreate it ever when I want. I have no idea what caused this. I actually would like that feature since my driveway is pretty dark but so far it seems more like a glitch than a feature.

I have seen this happen like 4 times and it lasted 2 exact minutes each time. It was after turning off the car walking out locking the vehicle and then the led strip will stay on high for 2 minutes. ( so cant say I did anything different for this to happen )
I can’t recreate it ever when I want. I have no idea what caused this. I actually would like that feature since my driveway is pretty dark but so far it seems more like a glitch than a feature.

it only seems to happen when I drive to work which is a bit further then my usual about 30 minutes. normally I just take it to the store and back, bout a 5 min drive. i doubt that is why but just an observation

it only seems to happen when I drive to work which is a bit further then my usual about 30 minutes. normally I just take it to the store and back, bout a 5 min drive. i doubt that is why but just an observation

Same here all 4 times have been more than 30 minutes drives. [emoji848]
But I have drove same distances again and can’t recreate on demand.

Same here all 4 times have been more than 30 minutes drives. [emoji848]
But I have drove same distances again and can’t recreate on demand.

let's figure this shit out. when you lock your car do you use the door handle lock or the key?

@Poloadvance95 @jimbobillybob

I have also experienced this the other day. Take a look at what fuse slot you used and reference it online/owners manual and tell us what you find. Some auxiliary systems will continue to have power for some time after the car shuts off I believe. I'll update when I get the chance to look into it.

I have also experienced this the other day. Take a look at what fuse slot you used and reference it online/owners manual and tell us what you find. Some auxiliary systems will continue to have power for some time after the car shuts off I believe. I'll update when I get the chance to look into it.

I tapped into my emissions so that could be why it seems to stay on longer after a longer trip?

But why it doesn’t happen every time then?
I used fuse spot #26

Second drive I’ve taken since wiring them up and using fuse #20 they stayed on for around two minutes after shutting off the car. Will need to look into that as well. Maybe using another fuse to tie the power into. I’m thinking emissions fuse is probably not the best one

Second drive I’ve taken since wiring them up and using fuse #20 they stayed on for around two minutes after shutting off the car. Will need to look into that as well. Maybe using another fuse to tie the power into. I’m thinking emissions fuse is probably not the best one
it might not be. but at the same time I'm really not overly worried about it. just figured it was strange