Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo upgrade options

I’ve read over the forums and see the pros and cons of several bolt on options for our cars. I have narrowed down to 4 different options and am looking for logical opinions. S280,whoosh hybrid, gt2860,gtx2860r. With these looking at possibly adding a tubular manifold to boot. I’m not looking to go aux fuel just 93 pump.
I’ve found solid deals on the Garrett turbos with panda with the tune included at around 2000. With the s280 would be that much without a tune and with the whoosh, could get that and the tubular for around 2200 and then would need to factor in a tune as well.

I typically drive the car to and from work, some city , a lot of highway and just want something fun. Any recommendations based off this criteria??

If you don’t plan on getting any fuel mods then hybrid or s280 is your best bet. You will not be able to get the big turbos to operate within their peak efficiency range without fuel mods.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
If you don’t plan on getting any fuel mods then hybrid or s280 is your best bet. You will not be able to get the big turbos to operate within their peak efficiency range without fuel mods.
plus if he adds fuel mods to them especially the S280 he we get into the 350hp and 350ft lbs TQ range. Though s280 with even pump gas tune is loads of fun and can be driven in a very well behaved manner as well. It’s really the best comprimise turbo . The hybrid will be fun too but it will have a donkey kick in the bottom end .

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
Thinking maybe the hybrid for me
seriously do a lot of reading before pulling the trigger . Thing about a hybrid is it’s still a stock Turbo housing so it’s going to have the most effect in the bottom end , granted it will be better than stock in the mid but the S280 really comes alive in the mid and top end. Hybrid cannot match it there. Think about how you drive do you like spinning your wheels a lot and launching. Or are you enjoying revving the car and drive in the upper part of the cars rpm band? I personally like spinning the engine and driving in the upper part of the rpm band. I find low revs kind of boring. I tend to like wringing my engines out . I wemt with the S280 for that reason . I also wanted drivability in the bottom end . Hybrids tend to spin wheels off the line because of more TQ than the gears can absorb. Spinning wheels is fine but not drivable.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Don’t go bigger than s280 if you’re not adding fuel.

If you do more highway driving and want the top end, go s280. If you do more city driving and want the instant torque, do the hybrid. No need to over complicate the equation.

Skip the manifold. It doesn’t add much, if anything, and requires that you remove your heat shield which can mean melted wire harness as myself and several others have experienced.

Don’t go bigger than s280 if you’re not adding fuel.

If you do more highway driving and want the top end, go s280. If you do more city driving and want the instant torque, do the hybrid. No need to over complicate the equation.

Skip the manifold. It doesn’t add much, if anything, and requires that you remove your heat shield which can mean melted wire harness as myself and several others have experienced.
We should sticky this reply, it applies to 95% of people asking this question. It would prevent many redundant threads.