Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

wetwea33

I disagree. I literally did everything in Turbo Technics procedure to a "T" to keep the warranty intact. This includes getting a new oil feed line and priming the turbo until oil spills out of the return line (with it disconnected). This is coming from someone who has had issues with my previous 2 out of 2 turbos purchased for this car and the warranty saved me both times.
Yeah but this comes down to what the issue with the turbo is. You act like they know or care what steps you took in the installation. Your not a professional. To me that's gonna be an easier case of denying the warrenty then installing a wastegate from a well known supplier. That's why them and every other turbo manufacture put junky wga because they figure everyone will be going after market. Rule of thumb is using a wastegate spring that's half of the max boost you will be running.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wetwea33

Is the 2860 bigger then the s280?
Seems like the compressor housing is slightly bigger but the compressor wheels themselves are the same. Same goes for the exhaust housing. Wheels are very similar but the s280 has a smaller housing. This makes sense spool wise and the power results should follow. S280 has a good bit better spool with a slightly lower peak power which for most won't matter on the stock motor.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Seems like the compressor housing is slightly bigger but the compressor wheels themselves are the same. Same goes for the exhaust housing. Wheels are very similar but the s280 has a smaller housing. This makes sense spool wise and the power results should follow. S280 has a good bit better spool with a slightly lower peak power which for most won't matter on the stock motor.

I kept calling it a mini 2860, looks like I was right hahaha.

slopoke

Why after a revision is it still less than en e30 tune on the stock turbo?
I'm assuming that not too many tuners have done tunes for the S280, so there isn't too much experience to reference as to how much to tweek at a time? I figure that a very conservative base tune and small increases are required until they see how this turbo responds to changes.

Plus look at the boost. It's only at around 15 psi. Probably got another 12 to 13 more lbs of boost left to go.

Brianmc27

Most people aren't making that on a stock turbo and on e30 on a stock turbo you would be 27-29psi. I'm on my 13th revision on 93 for this turbo...

Ah, I was under the impression that e30 was ~220 whp and ~280 wtorques

I’m sure the S280 can push much higher and also closer to redline.

wetwea33

It varies from car to car. This is also vdyno and it's only accurateish if it's setup properly and you know ur cars weight.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

As stated before, the S280 isn’t useable on e30 without aux. I’m making 285whp in 50* weather. I make about 270 in 80*+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm assuming that not too many tuners have done tunes for the S280, so there isn't too much experience to reference as to how much to tweek at a time? I figure that a very conservative base tune and small increases are required until they see how this turbo responds to changes.

Plus look at the boost. It's only at around 15 psi. Probably got another 12 to 13 more lbs of boost left to go.
Mitch just finished up mine so he’s done at least mine haha. But he takes his time, does a really great job.

Brianmc27

As stated before, the S280 isn’t useable on e30 without aux. I’m making 285whp in 50* weather. I make about 270 in 80*+

I should have clarified - e30 on the stock turbo.

The 285whp you just posted seems more like I would have expected from the S280

I suspect, as others have mentioned, that this tune is still just a cautious work in progress.

I’m low-key upset that I probably won’t be able to give this turbo a try. Going to have to go with the Whoosh hybrid to stay under the CA radar.