Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TPMS circuitry/vehicle portion

SteveS

1000 Post Club
While driving on a 3 hour trip last week the Tire warning light came on out of the blue while just cruising down the freeway. Stopped and checked all the tire pressures and they were fine. But the tire warning light has continued to be on. After a few days, started getting a message on the Sync 3 screen when you start the car that says TPMS sensors not found, Check Owners Manual with a choice of Close or Cancel buttons. Over the weekend I got out my TPMS training tool and indeed both front tires the TPMS sensor does not get a response though both rear wheels it works fine. So you could just say, yes get a pair of new TPMS sensors and get them swapped out. But it got me thinking. Is it likely that the sensors in both front wheels would fail at the same moment? Is there something in the car's circuitry and sensors that read what the wheel sensor sends out that could have failed, causing the car not to work on both front wheels at the same time?