Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Timing Belt Change and Cost

Yoann01ST

Hi everyone, i'm the proud owner of a 14' Fiesta ST with 145000 kms.

I plan to change the timing belt and water pump by the end of the year since the car will celebrate its 10th birthday.

Are they some people here who could tell me how much it would cost to do it ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
OP
Yoann01ST

Yoann01ST

Thread Starter #3
Ok thank you ! $1,800 seems expensive but i live in France so maybe it'll be cheaper here. I'll ask a local workshop to see how much they charge.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Ok thank you ! $1,800 seems expensive but i live in France so maybe it'll be cheaper here. I'll ask a local workshop to see how much they charge.
Let us know, I'd be interested. I did have it done at an independent shop, it would probably have been even more at a dealer.

OP
Yoann01ST

Yoann01ST

Thread Starter #5
Let us know, I'd be interested. I did have it done at an independent shop, it would probably have been even more at a dealer.
I went to a Ford dealer a few months ago for a check engine light. They charged me 90€ for a diagnosis and spent 2 hours during my work day to do it. Later, i went to a independent shop and they did the same thing for free in 10 minutes.
Ford dealers are just a rip-off (and they don't like modified cars). I'll go there only if i really need to for the timing belt.

Last edited:
A dealership close to my work quoted 5200 for the timing belt service. I laughed because I thought they were joking. They were not joking. lol

I ended up having the dealer close to my house do it. It was 2k but that included water pump replacement, a new key and programming, along with a new motorcraft battery.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My Ford dealer charged me $2,300 for all 3 belts, water pump, gaskets, overflow bottle (leaked after 9yrs) to be fitted. Don't know why, but my gas mileage has got a little better since having this done. Now hovering around 25mpg compared to 23.9 before I had it done. Coincidence? I don't know.

Forgot to add that I bought all the parts elsewhere and the mechanic found the overflow bottle leak and replaced it. I did all this at 107,000 rather than wait until 150,000.

My Ford dealer charged me $2,300 for all 3 belts, water pump, gaskets, overflow bottle (leaked after 9yrs) to be fitted. Don't know why, but my gas mileage has got a little better since having this done. Now hovering around 25mpg compared to 23.9 before I had it done. Coincidence? I don't know.

Forgot to add that I bought all the parts elsewhere and the mechanic found the overflow bottle leak and replaced it. I did all this at 107,000 rather than wait until 150,000.
What Socal dealer did you get this done at ? Thanks.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

I also had the tensioner replaced too.