Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thinking of getting an ST is this a good price?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would see if you can find someone on here with the Recaros that'll let you check them out if none at a dealership. I was absolutely certain I wanted them until I test drove a car with them and didn't fit. They damn sure are nice though and the base seats hold onto dog fur like a mf.
Yeah, the Recaros are tight. I didn't like them on the test drive, and got mine with the base seats. Very comfy on long trips.
I'm not particularly heavy, but I like to sit comfortably.

TLDR:
In California, the private party Blue Book value for 2016 or newer with 25,000 miles is $13-15k and trade in value is $10-12k. I see many for sale in Facebook groups for around $12k so with dealership markup $15,000 OD seems fair, especially if you can haggle down a bit and get a better deal.

My experience:
I bought a 2014 a few years ago because it was much cheaper with similar miles to a newer one with recaros. At first I regretted not getting the recaros, but I eventually got to ride in a friend's with recaros for a long trip and by the end of 2 hours I was ready to get out. I'm a small guy, 5'8" 160lbs and the recaros were not comfortable for long stretches. They're beautiful seats, but not as comfortable in my opinion. They're meant for performance driving to hold you in place while you throw the car around.

What year to get:
As far as model year, I would get the newest one you can. Its worth it. The earlier years (2014-2015) had some issues like cooling system recall, engine mount bolt failure, and small software issues that were worked out later on. Earlier years also didn't have backup cameras (not a huge deal but a small thing I wish my 2014 I had when I bought it).

Notes for buying:
Be sure to look for damage to the wheels, as these cars come with very thin tires and it is very easy to damage the original wheels on potholes or curbs. Thats an easy haggling point to knock off 500-1000 bucks if all 4 wheels need to be replaced or repaired.
Check the front bumper and hood for rock chips. The paint on these cars is very cheap, and it'll be easy to spot chips in darker paint colors (pretty much any but white)
Check around the antenna on the roof for any bubbling in the paint. Ive seen countless forum and Facebook posts of people discovering rust and paint bubbles due to faulty antenna seals. (Not too common if you don't live in an area with harsh winters, but worth a look nonetheless)
Lastly, Don't get black. Theyre cursed. I can't explain but the black ones are cursed lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
N
Thread Starter #25
TLDR:
In California, the private party Blue Book value for 2016 or newer with 25,000 miles is $13-15k and trade in value is $10-12k. I see many for sale in Facebook groups for around $12k so with dealership markup $15,000 OD seems fair, especially if you can haggle down a bit and get a better deal.

My experience:
I bought a 2014 a few years ago because it was much cheaper with similar miles to a newer one with recaros. At first I regretted not getting the recaros, but I eventually got to ride in a friend's with recaros for a long trip and by the end of 2 hours I was ready to get out. I'm a small guy, 5'8" 160lbs and the recaros were not comfortable for long stretches. They're beautiful seats, but not as comfortable in my opinion. They're meant for performance driving to hold you in place while you throw the car around.

What year to get:
As far as model year, I would get the newest one you can. Its worth it. The earlier years (2014-2015) had some issues like cooling system recall, engine mount bolt failure, and small software issues that were worked out later on. Earlier years also didn't have backup cameras (not a huge deal but a small thing I wish my 2014 I had when I bought it).

Notes for buying:
Be sure to look for damage to the wheels, as these cars come with very thin tires and it is very easy to damage the original wheels on potholes or curbs. Thats an easy haggling point to knock off 500-1000 bucks if all 4 wheels need to be replaced or repaired.
Check the front bumper and hood for rock chips. The paint on these cars is very cheap, and it'll be easy to spot chips in darker paint colors (pretty much any but white)
Check around the antenna on the roof for any bubbling in the paint. Ive seen countless forum and Facebook posts of people discovering rust and paint bubbles due to faulty antenna seals. (Not too common if you don't live in an area with harsh winters, but worth a look nonetheless)
Lastly, Don't get black. Theyre cursed. I can't explain but the black ones are cursed lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the detailed response. I'll be sure and perform what is known as the "silent walk" Its when you have the seller or in my case salesperson watching. The idea is to slowly walk around the vehicle and touch everything i.e. antenna ,wheels paint and body imperfections without saying a word. Then use this as a haggle on price when the time is right
Trust me I've done it before and was successful

The 15 is a decent price, you can probably lower the price. I bought my 14 with all the options for 14K out the door. It had 46K when I bought it. Had it for 2 years nearing 60K with no issues at all running stage 2.