Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The wannabe ST

OP
WannabeST

WannabeST

Thread Starter #161
I was just about to finally buy an exhaust for the fiesta. But I got offered this tire changing machine from a friend for only $500. It’s under one year old. My friend upgraded because he wanted to be able to do big off-road setups for trucks but this does up to a 275 tire which is perfect because that’s what I run on my mustang. This investment should pay for itself and make some money in no time IMG_7757.jpeg

Dialcaliper

I was just about to finally buy an exhaust for the fiesta. But I got offered this tire changing machine from a friend for only $500. It’s under one year old. My friend upgraded because he wanted to be able to do big off-road setups for trucks but this does up to a 275 tire which is perfect because that’s what I run on my mustang. This investment should pay for itself and make some money in no time View attachment 63574
That’s pretty sweet! How do you plan to handle balancing?

OP
WannabeST

WannabeST

Thread Starter #163
That’s pretty sweet! How do you plan to handle balancing?
There is a local stance shop that charges $5 to balance wheels so I plan to just take freshly mounted tires to them and have them balance it out. Eventually I plan to get my own balancer.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #164
Finally had a chance to fully setup my tire machine. Bought a brand new 29 gallon 200psi compressor. I was using a small 120 psi 7 gallon compressor but it was basically run non stop and the tire machine would lack air while changing tires. With the new giant compressor it works smoothly.
IMG_8297.jpeg
I got to change a couple trailer tires for my dad and uncle. Then I got to throw some fresh cheap all seasons on my stock wheels.
I even got to patch a tire on my friends cayman. I quickly learned lower profile tires are harder to work with. And also stickier tires and harder sidewalls are much more challenging. But good practice.
IMG_8298.jpeg
If anyone ever find yourselves in the Riverside, CA area. I’m more than happy to change anyone’s tires. Just shoot me a message. Ideally on Instagram if possible.

Attachments

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #165
Some late night after work track prep last night.
Gridlife Laguna Seca is this weekend. And just by looking at social media there’s at least 8-10 cars attending.
I swapped my wheels and tires, removed the bottom piece of the rear bumper giving it a bumper cut look, installed a tow strap, flushed the brake fluid with fresh castrol brake fluid, bolt check on the rear, removed wiper blade (maybe 1 pound and 1 minute of work lol)
Rear end should be ready to party.
getting the front end prepped tonight after work.

IMG_8336.jpeg
Now that the rear black piece is removed, I think a tubular rear crash bar and side exit exhaust would clean up the rear end nicely.

Last edited:
OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #166
First day of gridlife Laguna is in the books.
there are 9 drivers in my class. Currently sitting P3. I’m 9 tenths behind P1 and 4 tenths behind P2.
had an epic sideways moment on the top of the corkscrew.
IMG_8422.jpeg C11CF9C8-6CA3-46FC-A9F0-37A7027F8A71.jpeg 08A03482-5C24-41A8-94AE-D510ED23EAA7.jpeg 87AC6CC7-859D-456F-872A-5741743C14B5.jpeg IMG_8436.png