Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TDavis' Platinum Warrior build

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I definitely need to go there.

Edit: Just watched an in-car vid. There’s like ZERO run off anywhere. 😂 I dig the light boards. Looks pretty fun but not as fast as I expected.

Last edited:
OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #323
I definitely need to go there.

Edit: Just watched an in-car vid. There’s like ZERO run off anywhere. 😂 I dig the light boards. Looks pretty fun but not as fast as I expected.
You'd have to see it in person. There are parts that are faster then you think and the videos do ZERO justice for the elevation changes. One straight has two hills and one of them you'll be going 120 over and catch a little air if you go fast enough.

I can't express it enough on how vids don't do justice for this track :ROFLMAO:. I watched numerous videos to prepare me for some sort of navigation on track and was caught off guard when I got there lol

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #325
Haven't done much. I got the itch to do something to it as the last mod I did was the BA intercooler two years ago.

Put on some Whoosh rear camber plates so that the rear can match the front. The front currently sits at -2.1~ and this looks pretty damn close to it. It's funny, the RR hub basically fell off after taking everything off. The guide pins looked brand new for the hub. The LR however required some persuasion and the guide pins were seized on the hub, odd. Nonetheless really easy to do and if I don't like it I'll revert back it's so easy.

This car will most likely stay like this as I'm trying to save for my wedding and potentially a house. This car isn't going anywhere as it's paid off and I love it too much so don't worry about that.

IMG_20230721_181312.jpg
IMG_20230721_181320.jpg
IMG_20230721_181608.jpg
IMG_20230721_181619.jpg
IMG_20230721_200012.jpg
IMG_20230722_105241.jpg

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #326
I'll try to not make this too long of a story.

Let's rewind 7 years ago when I bought this car new with 15 miles on it from the Ford dealer I worked at. The day after I took it home for a test drive the salesman insisted that the car get detailed before I took delivery on it. Detailer took the keys, went to back it up in the shop to the detail bay, backed it into the corner of a flatbed truck. $5k damage to a car with 73 miles on it. They replaced the left rear quarter, taillight pocket, and rear bumper. This dealer also had a body shop so obviously they fixed it on their dime.

Fast forward to labor day two days ago. I'm drying my car and see paint bubbling around the edge of the roof molding. I thought to myself that wasn't a normal spot for these cars. Coincidentally it was on the side they fixed 🙃. I did more investigating and found some awesome shit underneath. They reused the molding instead of getting a new one so they used two part epoxy to glue it down which brought the paint with it and....yeah, you see the result. I have since moved away and am no longer close to that body shop. The Ford dealer I work at currently now has one so I'm just getting it fixed here.

On a brighter note, this is finally making me bite the bullet and fix the bubbling paint that plagues these cars around the antenna base, it's been noticeable since 2020. Also upgrading to a OEM Ford shark fin while I'm at it. Looks like there is a drain in this antenna so water shouldn't get trapped, maybe that'll help with he mysterious paint getting fucked under there. Tbh can't remember if the factory one has a drain, don't think it does though.

Keep in mind this car only has 63k on it and is garaged, only water it's sees besides rain 2 times in its life is when it's washed. Never driven on snow.

TL ; DR paint fucked from when dealer first fixed my car 7 years ago and now upgrading antenna when roof is getting repainted

1000003132.jpg
1000003133.jpg
1000003138.jpg
1000003137.jpg
1000003144.jpg
1000003145.jpg

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #328
Gotta love it when assholes do their very best work.
Yeah, I wasn't happy lol. No telling how long its been like that.

I'm paying the convenience fee and just having my bodyshop here fix it, which is literally across the street from our dealership instead of driving 3 hours to the bodyshop that originally did the work. Not that I think they would do anything about it anyway.

I do almost everything myself on my cars. Bodywork is not one of them lol

I've had my fair share of bad body repair surprises on my 2014, it's really frustrating. Hopefully, you get a good result at this bodyshop.

The whoosh plate adds 1.5deg of negative camber. Is this enough to adversely affect the tire wear if mainly driven on the street?

This question could extend to the front as well.

Have we established a maximum ''daily'' camber that can be safely run without impacting the wear of the tires?

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #330
I've had my fair share of bad body repair surprises on my 2014, it's really frustrating. Hopefully, you get a good result at this bodyshop.

The whoosh plate adds 1.5deg of negative camber. Is this enough to adversely affect the tire wear if mainly driven on the street?

Have we established a maximum ''daily'' camber that can be safely run without impacting the wear of the tires?
I can speak on that too much because I haven't had them that long but I also have a second set of wheels/tires for winter. So one set isn't used 100% all the time. with only 1.5 degrees you should be fine, thats really not that aggressive

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #332
What car was the shark fin originally meant for?
I think like a 2017 Edge. I put in the part number from a thread on here that someone did this for the first time and the part number superseded a few times and this is the new number.

Here's the part#

1000003146.jpg

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #333
Results after removing headliner, antenna, moldings, and spoiler. Dropping the car off at our body shop today. Never took a headliner off before, did all this in about an hour taking my time.

Glad I read the workshop manual 50 times prior because the A-pillar trim has tethers on the clips so if you were to yank them off you'd break the bracket and not able to snap it back on 😂

Underneath the antenna wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

1000003164.jpg
1000003165.jpg
1000003167.jpg
1000003166.jpg
1000003170.jpg
1000003163.jpg

Last edited:

hawyee

Active Duty U.S. Air Force

Around 3 is when you'll really start seeing some quicker inner shoulder wear on the street.