Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 1.0 to ver. 3 Issues: Please Help!

Hi,

I recently bought a 2016 with Sync 3, but Apple Carplay and Android Auto don't work. I'm pretty sure this is due to the fact that Sync is still on version 1.0, build 1539, rather than the most recent version. I downloaded the update to 3.2 from Ford's website, followed all of the instructions, and despite my best efforts (master reset, pulling fuse from box, trying different drives, etc.) it refuses to update.

Does anyone else have this issue, and if so, I'd really appreciate advice.

Thanks!

SteveS

1000 Post Club
What happens when you try to do the update? If the car doesn't even recognize the USB drive you likely need to look at how you are making the USB drive. You have to do it exactly as it says to do it even though it may seem that you could copy the files a different way and have it come out the same. In addition the USB drive itself can make a difference. I have some USB drives that will work for doing Sync updates and some which absolutely will not. Finally, Ford support's standard answer is to download the files again and try again. This is also something you may have to do because the files are huge, take forever to download, and there can be errors in downloading and saving.

On another note, I believe there can also be issues if you have a non-navigation system there may not be enough RAM in the unit to be able to update or something like that.