Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

switching between 93oct and e30 tunes

Hey guys,
Ive tried looking up the answer but was unsuccessful, so I apologize in advance if this question has been asked to death. I currently have a 93tune on the car and I am looking to switch to an e30 tune as Ive heard so many good things about it. My only concern is that in my area, there are only a handful of e85 stations within a large radius of me, so what is the correct procedure if I am on the e30 tune and I find that I am too far from an e85 station but need to fill up? Do i need to carry the AP with me at all times so I can flash the car back to the 93tune if needed? Is it a map switch via the cruise control? Flash it back before or after the fill up? TIA for this noob

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Like stated above, it can be a risk having both 93 & E30 slotted adjacent to each other, some tuners will not do it. I keep them totally seperate and have to use the AP if i switch fuels.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
That makes good sense, it sounds a lot safer that way to avoid a possible risk.
It's not a big deal, you can check which slot you are in at any time without changing them by pressing the Cruise button. I had 93 on slot 1, and ethanol in slot 2, so when I was running E30 I hit cruise, and the tach needle would jump to 2k RPM, whether I was idling, or driving.