Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Svt rear brake conversion

SVTBob

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I used to have an SVT Focus (totalled) that I bought replacement rotors and pads for and still have. Was wondering if this conversion is worth doing, performance wise. How does it affect braking balance ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I used to have an SVT Focus (totalled) that I bought replacement rotors and pads for and still have. Was wondering if this conversion is worth doing, performance wise. How does it affect braking balance ?
You will only need the Rear SVT rotors and the Rear SVT caliper brackets. The pads stay the same though for the Fiesta ST*

SVTBob

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thanks. Just wondering if it’s worth the effort/expense. I have upgraded rotors and pads already. Not inclined to scrounge for used brackets, so I’d have to buy new ones from Whoosh. On the other hand I could upgrade to speed bleeders and braided lines at the same time and get it all done in one fell swoop. I have the Wilwood 6 piston sets in front already.

I can’t say I noticed any difference in braking performance. The main reason I did it was so that the rear brakes didn’t look so stupid compared to the big brake kit up front.

SVTBob

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I suspected that, thanks. Not denying it still might be worth doing just for aesthetics, maybe I'll do a junkyard search after all to make it more reasonable.

Dialcaliper

As far as noticable “stopping power” goes, it won’t make all that much of a difference, but where the rear upgrade is primarily useful is in increasing heat management to the rear brakes and also maintaining F/R brake bias with an upgraded front brake kit.

SVTBob

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Point well taken. Guess I will do it after all.