Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Struggling to put power down

Hey guys
Do you have any recommendations for putting the power down
Running 228whp and 288 ft lbs
Getting a lot of spin in gears 1 and 2
Running pilot sport 4 tyres and an rear motor mount
205 40 17 tyres
Would an lsd be beneficial
Thankyou

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
Better tyres
The pilot sport 4 are the best tyres available for the st

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Pilot sports have a very balanced handling. They are okay in the rain and okay in the sun but they do not offer the most grip. I am doing very good at 300 hp 380 tq on falkens.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Falkens are street tires though. They are a 200 tread tire. Give them a shot they won't disappoint. Or you could try r888s

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I absolutely agree with you but when you say pilots are the best tire for the st that's a very false statement. I was merely saying that slicks would be the best in ideal conditions.

OP
L
Thread Starter #11
Agreed buddy yeh
We mean they are the best tyres for all weather driving
Have tried most tyres and no tyre grips this well in the wet
Even rain tyres
The dry grip is amazing the best also but like you said the falkens are best for 1 purpose
Hot weather

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Other ideas, yes you could try LSD but it's rather expensive. The first thing I would try is the hardest rmm you could find to eliminate wheel hop as best you can. You could try driver and passenger mounts as well but these are really bad about creating false knock conditions in high hp builds.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Another thing you could try is tuning down the power in a separate tune. Have a wet day tune where 1st and 2nd are limited in boost to whatever the tires can hold then 3rd let's loose.

OP
L
Thread Starter #14
Ok thank you for being so helpful you legend buddy

Last edited:

jeff

2000 Post Club
Tires as others said and if you install a 6-point brace you will be shocked at how traction benefits. LSD will simply make 2 wheels spin instead of 1.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
A diff will actually help a lot putting the power down, especially when cornering
It's very easy to overcome an LSD with too much low end torque. Stiffen the rear suspension to limit squatting, run stickier tires or consider boost by gear if you don't want to feather the throttle.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

dhminer

2000 Post Club
It's very easy to overcome an LSD with too much low end torque. Stiffen the rear suspension to limit squatting, run stickier tires or consider boost by gear if you don't want to feather the throttle.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
This. Also all season tires are a major compromise. Not one I'd ever make on a performance car. Summer set and a winter set.