Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Strongest Strut Brace

What is the strongest upper strut tower brace? I want to cut the engine and front suspension out of the car and need something beefy to hold it together. Would I be better off making my own to get the required strength?

WannabeST

If you are worried about chassis rigidity I would also consider stitch welding the chassis on crucial spots.
One of my friends just took measurements of my car for a custom strut brace. I will post pics and update once it is completed.

OP
PapaJim13
Thread Starter #4
If you are worried about chassis rigidity I would also consider stitch welding the chassis on crucial spots.
One of my friends just took measurements of my car for a custom strut brace. I will post pics and update once it is completed.

This will be very much appreciated thank you

XanRules

What is the strongest upper strut tower brace? I want to cut the engine and front suspension out of the car and need something beefy to hold it together. Would I be better off making my own to get the required strength?
Okay, I'm gonna bite - why?

OP
PapaJim13
Thread Starter #6
Okay, I'm gonna bite - why?
Twin engine swap. Seems like the easiest awd conversion. Trying it on the cheap base fiestas before I butcher 2 STs.

I want to cut at the firewall to keep my entire front suspension and drivetrain and stuff it in the back. Need a strong brace to hold it all together. Obv will make it stronger still but itll be a good start. IMG_8275.jpeg

kevinatfms

Cut it with the bulkhead included. Right where the firewall starts to turn under the car is a massive horizontal bulkhead that helps carry the load from left to right frame rail. Brace it prior to cutting with square tube. Cut from rail to rail above the bulkhead and should be sufficient to hold it square. I would not trust just a strut tower brace to hold square the frame rails if you plan on cutting below the front bulkhead support bar.

It is right above your green highlight in your photo above jutting out from the firewall.