Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST-Line build for Sundae Cup

OP
FauxT
Thread Starter #2
Ok. So googled and searched. Would like verification. 2014-2019 Fiestas in the US share the same platform. So a 2016 rear axle from an ST would fit on a 2019 Line. Any links to what swaps would be great. I couldn't find much. Coming from Hondas where just about everything interchanged. I don't want dive in head first 😁

Actually most if not all of those suspension parts also fit my 2013 fiesta as well. I have brakes, lowering springs, and Bilstein B6s on and they fit right in. Also running an ST exhaust from a 2014, fits but with slight bumper cutting. B6s a 2011-2013 is very compatible with 2014-2019 models. I know I share the same suspension with the 2014+ base Fiesta models and I thought the ST line did as well.

ST to ST line (and other base models like mine) all have interchangeable suspension bits. In the rear the ST twist beam is stiffer than the base and has pads and rotors vs drums on base models. The SE rear beam has a touch more negative camber from factory apparently too. The shocks and springs are stiffer on the ST model but they are interchangeable with the base. I have swift springs that were designed for the SE and they fit my base shocks just fine. Same in the rear, there was no issue. Even the spring pad is exactly the same.
In the front end, the front knuckles on the ST have a different tie rod mounting point, it is closer to the center of the knuckle for better steering input. I've read some posts that say brakes from an ST and base are interchangeable but also read some that say they are not. When I have time, I would rather just do the whole knuckle with brakes. Bigger pads and rotors will add more un sprung weight but I think the added life span from better heat dissipation will be worth it.
fun fact; Hawk makes endurance brake pads for the base model brakes but not for the ST brakes. But there is overall more pad options for the ST brakes.