Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Serpentine belt replacement

Hey all, my 2015 with 135k miles tore up its serpentine belt today. Only partly broken, but obviously needs replacing. After looking around here I'm confident I could do it myself, but I think there's more than just an old belt at work here.

My A/C hasn't worked for a couple years now, but there was never any obvious cause, no terrible noises, no squealing from the belt, just no cold air so I left it. Shortly before the belt started having issues, I started getting weird noises that sounded like it was from the fan coming from inside the dash, so I wonder if my A/C compressor finally did something to cause the belt to go. Without tearing it all apart I don't have a ton of info to go off of, so my thought is that I should have a shop do the A/C work and just replace the serpentine belt while they're in there.

I was hoping to wait until spring to do the A/C with the timing belt, but I fear I may be forced into it. If I could afford it I'd love to do all 3 at the same time but I fear that'll be too much bill for right now.

Attachments

OP
K
Thread Starter #2
Update: I'm far more worried now that I dug into a bit, I think there's something beyond just a belt going bad.

The belt seems fine from this angle, or something cut it very cleanly.

What is this ring from? Guide ring for the belt?

Oil splatter around the area

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Update: I'm far more worried now that I dug into a bit, I think there's something beyond just a belt going bad.

The belt seems fine from this angle, or something cut it very cleanly.

What is this ring from? Guide ring for the belt?

Oil splatter around the area
This
You need to take off the belt* Spin all Pulleys by hand to find the culprit. Ideally serp belts ..pulleys and tensioners should last about 100k before replacement. This kit is ideal.... It what i used on mine.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=12785937&cc=3308782&pt=11659&jsn=1093