Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

San Diego area to look at car

I got a performance blue one on eBay last month. I would’ve liked a bolder color but it looks super nice in the sun. I wasn’t into the black/white/silver either but you’re definitely right that there aren’t a ton to pick from.

I got a performance blue one on eBay last month. I would’ve liked a bolder color but it looks super nice in the sun. I wasn’t into the black/white/silver either but you’re definitely right that there aren’t a ton to pick from.
Yeah for a sporty car there really isn’t much bold colors available at all.

Performance blue is more bold than Kona blue!

Kinda bummed the green one near us is rusted. Maybe if it doesn’t sell in a few weeks I’ll mention that and offer less then try to remedy the rust by replacing some stuff.

Currently I’m planning on going for white because even though it isn’t a bold color, like other lighter shades it shows the body lines better than darker colors

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The rust I could see on the rear axle and control arms was pretty superficial. It would be a long time before it became a problem. The left rear shock was really crusty, which is odd. But those are all replaceable parts, and the axle and control arms can be sanded and repainted if you want. It's rusted bodywork that becomes a bigger problem.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ha! There’s one for sale in Glendora rn that I just realized the guy double posted rather than changing the price and miles in the original post.

There’s really just not a lot of STs available for sale at all so even that makes a difference.

Also when the search filters don’t work appropriately I end up having to scroll through a bunch of Non-ST regular fiestas, and there’s a decent number of those in silver.

I was kind of grouping black, metallic and silver together as non white and non color which is what I’m looking for personally (I’m looking for white or blue). I definitely agree silver is much more rare than black and metallic for the STs.

Wish I could go see them all in person at a dealership. Would you get silver again as your first choice? What would be your second?
My first choice was white but as they didn't have one on the lot, I went with silver as it was my 2nd choice. Yes, I would go for the silver again.

Yeah for a sporty car there really isn’t much bold colors available at all.

Performance blue is more bold than Kona blue!

Kinda bummed the green one near us is rusted. Maybe if it doesn’t sell in a few weeks I’ll mention that and offer less then try to remedy the rust by replacing some stuff.

Currently I’m planning on going for white because even though it isn’t a bold color, like other lighter shades it shows the body lines better than darker colors
Mine is actually Kona blue. I don't Know why I had that wrong.

Does anyone have any opinions on my list of car choices right now? They are ordered relatively from my first choice to my last.

Most people I've talked to are pretty against salvage titles but the Black 2017 in Chula, he has pics from the auction showing crash wasn't bad and nothing major was replaced. I'm curious what people's thoughts are on that.

Otherwise, the first one, the SD 66k mile car, I asked if she would consider going closer to KBB and the girl said she would take $11k minimum do you think that's a good deal?

The Vegas one has more miles but seems like a really good deal. Both these cars are low mods, claimed to be babied, and used as casual daily drivers it seems.

I still like the green one a lot, the rust is able to be dealt with, but hopefully that guy doesn't try to tack on extra fees and is able to negotiate on price. What do you think it is worth?

Should I keep shopping and wait for a deal on a 17+ which may be in newer condition and arguably has better suspension?

lmk if this link works: https://www.icloud.com/notes/0e0hvU-xcX_LSP4BHQ2o49KCw
nvm..

------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Options

link: Marketplace - 2016 Ford Fiesta · ST | Facebook

San Diego
2016 Ford fiesta ST
black cloth seats

$12,499 she said $11k was her minimum
66,000 miles
($9,165min-#11,422max=$10,294 KBB Value)

"Modifications-
Mishimoto Radiator
Mountune Intake

No tune done on the car

Oil changes with Mobil 1 or Pennzoil every 5-8k miles
Starter replaced"

-------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1197883961225550/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:57d9295e-763c-48dc-9104-a06ee18f15c2
Vegas

2015 Ford fiesta ST Hatchback 4D whie
black cloth seats

$8,000

110,000 miles

"Good condition
AC blows cold for the most part but sometimes it doesn’t get cold enough
Runs good"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/t-Used-Ford-Fiesta-ST-San-Diego-t49213_L2362?pc_campaign=159404&pc_source=CarGurus_Pepperjam&url=https://www.cargurus.com/&utm_source=159404&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=4796665294&clickId=4796665294&px8324=p80#listing=389794966/NONE/DEFAULT
San Diego
2015 Ford Fiesta ST green envy
black/gray partial leather recaros

$13,950+fees?
55,653 mi

(Fair Deal carguru estimate
 $376 above market)
($10,322min-$13,051max=$11,687 KBB Value)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/3FADP4GX3JM135906
Near Mesa, AZ
Used 2018 Ford Fiesta ST white
black cloth seats

$11,999 +feestaxregdoc=$14475
• 83,450 mi

($13,680 CARFAX Value GREAT VALUE $1,681 below
$9,865min $11,964max = $10,915 KBB Value)

Vehicle History
No Accident or Damage Reported
Personal Use
3+ Owners

VIN: 3FADP4GX3JM135906 · Stock #: 5051
moonroof not ideal for me 6'3, backup camera small plus, better price than the dealer 2017 I was looking at

VIN: 3FADP4GX7HM132971 · Stock #: 638654C

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marketplace - 2017 Ford Fiesta · ST Hatchback 4D | Facebook
Chula Vista
2017 Ford fiesta ST Hatchback 4D
 black

$7,500
62,000mi

$10,281-30%salvage=$7,197 KBB Value

Salvage - have pics of dmg - bodywork left front and back- replaced only radiator support core and headlight
 - seems pretty minor may be a good deal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marketplace - 2016 Ford Fiesta · ST Hatchback 4D | Facebook
Panorama City
2016 Ford fiesta ST Hatchback 4D gray

$8,900
85,000 miles

salvage
 - no pics of dmg

"COBB stage 2 package 215hp
Pros:
Bigger front intercooler COBB
Transmission mount COBB
Mishimoto aluminum radiator
Cold air intake pipe Carbon fiber COBB redline with air filter
Coolerworx short shift
Boomba blow off spacer
ACCESSPORT tune ob2
Fifteen 52 wheels with Half life federal tires Rs/RR
H&R suspension
Cons:
Needs 2 A/C lines"

Last edited:
OP
R
Thread Starter #28
JNorthrup, I'd hold out for a non-salvage title car. If you stay patient something clean and low mileage will pop up. I just put a deposit on a 2014 Molten Orange car with Recaros yesterday with half the mileage as the green car, 1 owner and clean carfax for less than what the green car's asking price is.

My car was listed on carfax as a total loss but ended up with a clean title. I wouldn’t fear the repaired car but I would absolutely call your insurance company and ask them if there are coverage concerns with a branded title.

Ok guys. Thanks for the help so far.

Right now I am between two cars.

option 1:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/709462194482605/?mibextid=HHaHfI

https://connect.carfax.com/dir?key=...Oj0eMrM5prrCvt452KeS_XWwSZpP3ddu-L0wQOYSYOOhc

66,00 miles
Molten Orange Fiesta St non recaro
Listed $9,800
I told him I could do $9k or $9.5k
KBB $10,117

Dealer offered him $8,800 and has a mechanic coming Monday to check it. I called him and planned to go Monday. He said he took off the wing because it was rattling and it needs a new exhaust hangar.
no mods is nice.

Has a 2019 spec engine due to water pump failure at 56,000mi 3/2023
Replaced long block engine assembly per work shop manual. replaced all necessary gaskets, seals and hardware. Replaced turbo charger. added new coolant pressure tested no leaks, holds pressure. checked and topped off engine oil level. road tested ok at this time”

////————————///////
Option2:
Posted in comments of a fb group post got info over messenger.

2018 white fiesta st
24,500 miles
Asking $11k
Kbb $14,336 (excluding depreciation due to the mods)

“Cobb AP stage one
Green filter
Short shift kit
RMM
Resonator delete

Mild stereo with Infiniti components up front and coax in the back (6.5’s using a plate) and a w3 8 in the trunk

Never done anything other than oil changes every 3,000 miles full Synthetic

New tires less than 2,000 miles ago

Single owner I bought it new in 2019 but it’s a 2018 that was on the lot.

I don’t drive it much it’s a spare car.

Babied all it’s life, never boosted in 4-6 gear at low rpm.

It does have the sunroof, factory car play, no heated seats.

Neighbor put a hitch through the grill and curled the hood.

Good was repaired new grill and it has one aftermarket headlight.

Interior leds need to be replaced but that’s not a big deal. I could do that if you wanted the car.

I do a change once a year
Which is about 3-4,000 miles
I owned a mechanic shop in Norco for a decade

It (resonator delete) doesn't affect emissions
The recirc would have to be put back on
Which I can do
I have all the parts.

I am traveling end of next week.

But if you want to meet this weekend, make a deal, give a small deposit.

I’ll get jr smogged. my guy said he’d smog it so that’s not an issue”

I’m mostly concerned with the long term smog legality of option 2 considering I don’t “know a guy”. When I had a Forester a year ago, some of the forums were saying if your car has ever had a tune then it will come up under future updates. Recently I’ve read in some Fiesta St forums that people passed smog with a stage 0 COBB tune. Is Cobb stage 1 CARB approved? The old one isn’t and the new one is. If he sells me the access port with the old stage 1 on it maybe I can update it to stage 2 and I’ll be good. It’s true what he said about it passing otherwise once he puts the recirc back on? Or do you need to know a guy for the resonator delete and the blow off valve?

sorry if asking stupid questions

Last edited:

SteveS

1000 Post Club
For me both of those would be a big no. The first one, clearly has been modded. The wing cracked because he had wing risers. Reading between the lines, the engine was blown because it was tuned.

The second one has been wrecked in front and is modded. You can find better.