Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rally-inspired Builds

Howdy y'all! This is a bit of a hybrid thread, because I'm looking for ideas for a rally-inspired build (mostly cosmetic). My car is entirely stock and I'd love some ideas for where to go next.

At any rate, just drop your pictures below and comment what you'd like. I get inspiration and you get to post your build!

There are a few on here, (or who used to be on this forum) who have built actual ARA, (or to compete in their own country's rally series in the case of the now long gone member from Estonia) rally cars.

Yes, large mud flaps, 10-17 spoke wheels, and not slamming the car to the ground are the least co$tly 'rally look' things you could do to get those aesthetics.

A 2.5"-3.0" diameter, not chrome or polished stainless steel, single exhaust outlet is another, if the system on your car allows that to be done.

The thing is, without a full cage, racing steering wheel, harnesses, extinguisher system, and composite race shell seats with a gutted interior, it is never going to look like an actual rally prepped car. [:(]

If you want the full blown top tier rally car look, you should look into the R5 body kits made by m sport. It won't be cheap, but it will be the best way to get the rally car look. If you want the appearance of a lower class rally car, like r2 class, just slap on some rally wheel and tires with mud flaps and you have basically matched the build, minus all of the interior safety and electronics

^^^Yes, the R5/Rally 2 body kits are the ultimate outward aesthetic expression of 'WRC-ness' that could be put onto our rides, but it does seem a bit out of place on a FWD car, requires a good amount of body working skillz/or very competent shop, and will require either huge spacers, or low to no (numerical) offset wheels in order to get anywhere even near 'flush' with that kit.

That would then totally throw off the suspension geometry/scrub radius without reworking the whole front suspension. [:(]

Yes, the outward appearance of a WRC R2 (now called Rally 4) FWD rally Fiesta can be copied with wheels, tires, mud flaps and not lowering the car at all (or no more than a half inch), as even the tarmac rally cars are never 'slammed', but yes ride lower than any gravel spec setups.

Since noone else is posting pics, I will.

I wouldn't say my car is visually impressive, but I do consider my build to be somewhat "rally inspired". Outwardly, its what you might call "first steps" towards the "rally look", and since your car is pretty much stock, it could be a direction to start.

As others have mentioned, you can do a lot with a few simple things: Mudflaps, some wheels inspired by rally cars - either the 10-17 spokes used on contemporary R1-R5 Fiesta rally cars, or something a bit more old-school (6 spokes or even classic 90's OZ rally racing wheels). A mild choice of spoiler and a tasteful exhaust to round out the package

I'd say also important is to keep the car at or near stock ride height, and not lower it. This is harder than it sounds if you also want to modify the suspension, but to be honest there's nothing really wrong with the stock springs. Add some Bilstein B6 struts if your shocks are going. If you don't mind assembling parts instead of just buying an aftermarket spring set, I've got a neat stiffer option using 3.0" and 2.5'' coilover springs on the stock struts.

Custom Rally Springs: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...-rally-springs-for-stock-b6-suspension.30829/
My build thread if you're curious about the rabbit hole: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/feisty-the-family-car.30825/

The other accessory that adds some rally feel...dirt! Half kidding.

"Tarmac" trim:

87016539-A674-4F4F-9FB8-517EE01F4E39.jpeg

With gravel/snow tires with judicious sprinkle of dirt-road:
IMG_8600.JPG

Favorite profile pic my wife took:

_O4A9999.JPG