Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Please help with upgraded gear shifter

No idea how that works.. what does the new knob attach to? I assume you have to find a suitable stud?
Its due to the reverse lockout bud πŸ˜ƒ

Thats what im trying to figure out
Need some sort of m12 by 1.25 to some random size adapter

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Its due to the reverse lockout bud πŸ˜ƒ

Thats what im trying to figure out
Need some sort of m12 by 1.25 to some random size adapter
Not sure why the sarcastic answer to a question that resulted from your failure to ask a complete question leading readers to need to infer what part of the equation you are asking about, but ok good luck

Not sure why the sarcastic answer to a question that resulted from your failure to ask a complete question leading readers to need to infer what part of the equation you are asking about, but ok good luck
You are obviously a sensitive little flower to get annoyed over nothing
Maybe you ate to many baguettes or snails? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Have fun with that πŸ˜ƒ

dhminer

2000 Post Club
lol I’m American. VPN changes the flag. Sorry if I misread your answer, I thought you were being a smart ass with the first sentence because your original post contains a link that says it’s a reverse lockout adapter. Sensitive, no. Grumpy, yes quite often but I can admit when I’m wrong and apologize. All love homie. I forgot I’m not on Instagram talking shit to liberals in the CNN comment section.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That said, I’d recommend a shifter extension with reverse lockout on it if you have a short shifter installed. If not, they pair together amazingly. Chris at WC Lathewerks will make you one with any thread pitch you want on the top to fit the knob of your choice. I ran one for years pre-coolerworx and loved it with the mountune short shift adapter on the trans.

https://www.lathewerks.com/

Sam4

Got a golf ball size shift knob from one of our industrious ST owner/manufacturers a few years back - a 12mm X1.5 nut from the 'hardware' store will do just fine.

That said, I’d recommend a shifter extension with reverse lockout on it if you have a short shifter installed. If not, they pair together amazingly. Chris at WC Lathewerks will make you one with any thread pitch you want on the top to fit the knob of your choice. I ran one for years pre-coolerworx and loved it with the mountune short shift adapter on the trans.

https://www.lathewerks.com/
Thankyou dude
Sorry for being a nob
So many snowflakes around these days gets tiring
Was being genuine πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Appreciate your responses man
Will get onto it
Thanks

XanRules

SOME aftermarket shift knobs - those specific to Fords - will have a hole in the bottom for the reverse lockout mechanism. Other shift knobs will not have this and you'll need to use the adapter you linked. The product you've linked is basically a "spacer" to give the factory reverse lockout mechanism somewhere to slot into.

You can also use the shift knob for any Subaru six-speed as they have the same thread pitch and a similar reverse lockout mechanism, but you'll need a smaller/slimmer lockout mechanism like the one shown here (you'd be looking for "slim subaru size"): https://www.shiftsolutionsco.com/product/reverse-lockout-lever-st-rs