Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P1450 Check Engine Light - Common fixes tried, other ideas?

Hi all, my 2017 FiST has been having the issue with stuttering after fill-ups for about 2 years now. After it first started occurring, I replaced the EVAP purge valve + lines with the '14-'15MY parts from Whoosh about 17500 miles ago which did help to alleviate the issue, but it never completely went away. I've just been dealing with it since then, making sure to leave the gas nozzle in the car for ~30 seconds after fill up and whatnot to help try and prevent it. Anyways, recently about a month ago the stalling after start-ups got noticeably worse and my car threw the P1450 code, which I know is usually connected to the EVAP system. I figured it couldn't be the purge lines since I replaced those with the (supposedly) more reliable 14-15 lines, so after looking into it I found out that a clogged/broken EVAP canister and vent solenoid are also typical suspects. Replaced both of those, and 2 weeks later the damn CEL came on again. As of right now I have no issues past the intial stall after the first start-up after filling with gas, though I do have the occasional slightly longer crank times (~0.5sec longer than usual). At this point I'm planning on taking it to a dealership to get money stolen and hopefully get the issue fixed, but I figured I would ask here first just in case someone else has had any luck fixing the issue by some other means. I'm considering replacing the purge lines again, though I know the '14-15 EVAP lines are supposed to be more reliable and and buying a new set would be another thing to add onto the list of parts I've thrown at this thing trying to fix this stupid issue.Thanks!

Last edited: