Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New owner of a used 2018 (Palmyra NY)

Good afternoon all!

I may be jumping the gun as I do not pick it up until tomorrow at 11AM. I am getting a used 2018 if you can believe it, 2000 miles.

I am not up on the levels but based on the trim I would assume it is an ST1. Not much going on inside. I like the screen and the backup camera. I like the push button start. It would be nice if it had heated seats but if I really want it I can add that later.

I am really looking forward to the MPG, I currently drive 70 miles a day in a Tacoma.

Prior to the Tacoma I had a 2013 Focus ST so I am familiar with the ST line. Not looking forward to cramming my first rear seat passenger in but I so rarely drive 3 that it was not worth the concern.

My first addition will be winter tires. This year I will probably get just tires and have them put on the stock rims. Next year I will be on the lookout for steel or alloy rims.

I do have a question. I am coming from a JBL audio system in the Tacoma which must be pretty good. The audio on the Fiesta ST test drive was a bit flat. it is not a huge concern so I did not pay much attention. what is the overall feeling for the audio? It may be that the Tacoma has a sub or I just did not setup the sound well on my test drive (all I did was set sound to driver and reset the eq with a few steps up on bass).

I look forward to spending too much time on the site...

Carl

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard

Welcome!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

I have a 2017 ST1, the sound system is decent. If you're an audiophile and that is something that is extremely important, it falls a little short. Otherwise, it gets the job done.

Keyless ignition and entry have probably been two of the features I've enjoyed the most. Apple Carplay is right there too, super convenient and it works really well compared to other cars that enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good afternoon all!

My first addition will be winter tires. This year I will probably get just tires and have them put on the stock rims. Next year I will be on the lookout for steel or alloy rims.

Carl
Welcome to the forum!

You might be better off getting dedicated 15 or 16" wheels and winters. Discounttiredirect is probably having their labour day sale soon so you'll likely be able to score a better deal than simply going with 17s and paying for, and dealing with the hassle of, swapping out the tyres from the wheels every winter/spring.

DEss

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
Got it at lunch.... So far so good. I washed and waxed it, that is usually where I find the scratches/dents. I have not found anything bad yet.

I do have one issue that seems to have no fix yet. My radio reverts to FM when I start it and I listen to XM 100% of the time. I did read one post that said to give the radio a few seconds to boot prior to starting. I will try that...

If anyone knows of the fix for the radio source reverting, let me know... but please don't take this as another thread on the issue, I will keep doing google and forum searches.

Love the way the car drives and the brakes are very responsive. I have zero complaints and a large smile today.

Carl

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got it at lunch.... So far so good. I washed and waxed it, that is usually where I find the scratches/dents. I have not found anything bad yet.

I do have one issue that seems to have no fix yet. My radio reverts to FM when I start it and I listen to XM 100% of the time. I did read one post that said to give the radio a few seconds to boot prior to starting. I will try that...

If anyone knows of the fix for the radio source reverting, let me know... but please don't take this as another thread on the issue, I will keep doing google and forum searches.

Love the way the car drives and the brakes are very responsive. I have zero complaints and a large smile today.

Carl
Pics or it didn't happen :)

WELCOME!

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Nice! Looks just like mine except I have a 17 with recaros and moonroof.
I also just bought it and with 2,500 miles... I havent even put plates on it yet. I went on vacation to Cali the next morning. All I wanna do is go back home and drive it. It's ruining my vacation, lol!

OP
M
Thread Starter #15
I am putting 70 miles a day on mine. I love it, so far the computer says 36.2 average.... gotta love that!

Carl