Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New NC member! Had to steal car

Hello! I actually didn't have to steal a car, but I have been trying to but the Fiesta ST for a while but neither local Ford dealer had one I could get. They were being sold right off the truck in some cases or pre-sold. I finally got a chance to drive a black one loaded up. Did not like the recaros for DD. A few years back I had an EVO MR with recaros and at first liked the fit, but eventually became a chore. I finally had the dealer look up some for possible dealer trades. I ended up getting the molten orange color (see avatar) with NAV and the painted wheels/calipers (and of course, moonroof since they all come with it).

They had to drive it from another city so it had 63 miles on it when I got it, but now it's at 71! I haven't ordered anything for it yet, but once I see what you all are doing for modifications I'll jump right in. I have an appointment to get my windows tinted so I guess that'll be "mod #1". I just wantedt o get this post over so I can start reading all of the other posts. Please feel free to chime in with any good/bad info on our cars. My wife and son call it "mudflap" from transformers..

My previous car was an 03 Protege. It was my pre-retirement "get out of debt" vehicle. Before I retired from the Air Force I sold my newer maxima and bought the madza for cash as I didn't know if I would find a job fast enough. It all worked out, but kept the mazda for 2 years as my DD. Was so tired of driving that slow car. During my years, I've owned over 70 cars (I lost track after I hit 60 cars). I've had cobra mustangs, GTs, MR2s, MR2 turbos, VWs, Integra GSR, Z28s (90s, 80s, and 70s models), a host of trucks and SUVs, a couple S-10 blazers, pick ups, the EVO, and now the Fiesta. This brings me back to having 3 in the stable. My wife's DD is a newer durango, and the "project" is a 1973 F-100. Currently it does not have an engine or transmission in it. They are on the garage floor. I picked up a 4.6 DOHC mod motor and 4r70W auto trans for it. I've rebuilt the motor and am just waiting to save up enough money to order the wiring harness so I can start putting it back together.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
haha the title caught my attention and wow over 70 cars? There's lots of good information here and welcome!

Welcome, and I'd like to hear how the Fiesta ranks in your lengthy list of cars after you drive it for awhile. Cheers.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard [welcome]. Get ready for some fun modding as the Fiesta ST is a very mod addictive car[lovest].

Etyrnus

Welcome from another NC FiST, and I know Redlinez is on here and from NC as well, so that's at least 3 of us!

OP
Nosjunke
Thread Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I have an appointment for this Saturday for window tint. It's SpecOps here in Fayettevile and authorized COBB dealer and tuner..I see mostly EVOs, Impreza's, and GTRs, but I'll talk to them about the COBB AP and filter stage 1 piece while they have their guy tint the windows and apply the 3m clear bra

OP
Nosjunke
Thread Starter #10
I wanted to post up a link about me. The link is a story they ran for this past mothers day. Original Story ran in MMFF. I may say some weird things, but I follow with the heart as passion pays... http://www.onallcylinders.com/2014/...cial-bond-mom-son-inspired-wicked-2001-cobra/

Some people might think they are just cars, ways to travel quickly and sometimes carry a bunch of crap. For me they are an expression of me. Not necessarily about getting attention or having the fastest car. I walk my own path and I don't hate on any one, fad or style as I don't want to make someone feel bad if they are like-minded about cars. You like what you like, I like what I like..lol

Ok, sorry off the soap box. This car is amazing to me.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Very beautiful story and I'm deeply sorry to read your mom never had the opportunity to fulfill her dreams. I'm sure she's very proud of your tribute.