Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Got a deal I just could't pass up.

I picked up my new (used) fiST yesterday, and I totally get the saying....
"it's more fun driving a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."
Not that the fiST is slow, not at all, what I'm saying is that you can actually use all the performance of the fiST on the street, where with cars with big HP like GTR's, Porsche Turbos, Vettes etc. you simply can't use all that power on the street without getting yourself into trouble.
That's the beauty of the fiST.
I think I might have gotten the deal of the decade.
The car is a 2016 with most options, stripes, Recaros, Navigation, White Platinum paint, tinted glass, Premium black wheels which is great because they contrast amazing with the white paint and as a bonus do not show the brake dust like the sliver wheels do.
No sunroof(not a fan anyway).
The car had an MSRP of $26,450 and was sold in March 2016.
For some reason the owner didn't like it and traded it in for another vehicle. It was put up for sale for $21,000 and I offered $18,900 and they took it, no negotiating, no BS, was such a pleasant, hassle free transaction.
Did I mention that the car has only 590 miles on it?
It's basically a brand new car, even has the new car smell.
And the cherry on top.....it's a Ford Certified Pre-Owned car and gets an extra 12,000 miles or one year added onto the bumper warranty, and gets a 7 year or 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.
I looked at so many cars, and nothing came close to this deal.
The one thing I want to change is the exhaust. The stock one just doesn't cut it.
I'm thinking about the MBRP cat back exhaust. Anyone in Socal have it?
Secondly, I'm interested in the Mountune MP215 performance upgrade, but I would really like to try before I buy.
Is there anyone in Socal that has the Mountune MP215 kit, is the upgrade noticeable?
Would really like to meet up with someone who could take me out for a demo ride?
Anyway, all I can say is all the reviewers of the fiST who say "the fiST is the most fun car you can drive for around $20,000" are right on the money.
Cheers

Attachments

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats on the great deal and welcome aboard.

I don't understand how so many people can buy a brand new car and in less than 1000 miles trade it in. Can't imagine how much they lost on that deal if you didn't have any issues getting it for that cheap. But thanks to the people that buy a car on a whim, you got an outstanding deal on that car. If I wasn't so picky on the options and color I wanted I would have done some searching for a deal like that. But pretty much all pre-made orange Fiestas came with moonroofs and even if I got that cost and more off the price I still wouldn't want the moonroof.

I was looking for a car for my friend and one dealership was selling two cars that were almost exactly the same (minus bluetooth on one), but one had 100 miles on it and one had 2400 miles on it. They were both being sold as new cars at the same price. They were an old year model that hadn't sold so they were already discounted, and I found a place where it was listed $1k lower which was a mess up and they honored that price for the 100 mile car. Of course then he went with the extended warranty and all that jazz which I recommended he not do, so they got their money back that way.

OP
maverick1
Thread Starter #6
Thanks kindly for the warm welcome gents.
I think that this car is sooooooo much fun to drive that even if you pay MSRP you are still way ahead.
The fiST rocks.
When I took the car out for a test drive we hit an on ramp that did a 180, and I took it very fast but controlled and when I finished the turn I looked over at the salesman and his face was red, found out later that he was holding his breath.
I felt kinda bad, but once I showed him pics of me on the racetrack with my Ariel Atom and let him know that I know what I'm doing, on the second test drive he was much more relaxed.
Get this the salesman's name is "Ariel" not a very common name.
When he told me his name, I had a feeling we would be doing business together.
This car handles like no other, especially for a front wheel drive car.
It just needs a better exhaust and a little more power.
Yeah Baby.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Amazing deal. Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride. Have had mine for a year and always wake up wanting to drive her.

Nice deal dude! I'll keep an eye out for you around SoCal. I've had a white ST for 2 years, still my favorite car of all time. That grin you get when the turbo spools up won't go away!

OP
maverick1
Thread Starter #13
Here ya go... Your cars prior owners situation: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8634

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Well that sucks.
I hate to benefit from someone's misfortune.....but like how would I know.
I just figured that someone bought a fiST and the wife said get rid of it I can't stand the rough ride.
I just hope that gent gets everything sorted out and can get back into a fiST in the future if he so desires.

Hello,

Glad to see my car made it to a good home!
I chose this car carefully and really wanted it, it was not a whim. But within a few days of driving it the pain in my arm and left knee became so bad that I knew I had no choice but to sell it.
Let's say is a was a very sad and depressing experience for me.
This was a fully loaded car and in absolute perfect condition.
I made sure it stayed spotless inside and out.
By the way, I put a coat of Meguiars synthetic wax on it so it has a nice protection coat as I am sure you noticed.
$18, 900 was a total steal and I am glad you got it for this low price.

I actually traded it to Mini for a 2016 Cooper S, fully loaded, automatic, with only 4k miles on it.
They were having an end of month sale and I got this Cooper S for $7000 less than the new price and they gave me $18000 in trade for the Fiesta.
So in the end I still got a great car at a great price that I can drive without pain.
Somehow I got out of this situation with a whole skin!
We both won in the end.
Please enjoy the Fiesta the way I could not.
I definitely recommend the Montune 215.
This was my next mod if I had not sold the car.
It adds the power and the sound you want.
Just enough power to finish the car.
Oh, and there was a recall on a cooling sensor and I got that replaced for you under warranty so you are good.

P.S.
I bought a Boomba Heavy shift Knob for the Fiesta hoping it would alleviate my pain from the shifter but it did not.
I still have that brand knew knob which is really great because it makes shifting faster and easier.
It is really beautiful and feels great in the hand.
If you want the knob for your fiesta I will sell it to you for only $50 delivered. Let me know by sending me a private message.
Here is a link to my post where I have it up for sale: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8910-Boomba-Heavy-Knob-Free-Shipping

Good luck with the Fist!

caliboy15

I like this FiST journey. Win win for both of you. You lost 7k on the FiST tho wow thats a lot

Wow you got yourself one hell of a deal. Mind I ask you how old you are? I will be turning 50 later this year, and wanted to see if this the ST is a car a 50 year of male can drive? Or would I look ridiculous in it?

I currently have a Ford F-150 but have heard a lot of good things about the fiesta. I wonder why someone would buy a car and trade it in so quick with only 500 miles on it.

I just saw your post and what a small world that it was your car that the original poster bought. I will be turning 50 in a few months . Do you think someone my age should buy the fiesta? I also was looking at the minis and looks like you were able to to recoup some money you lost on it.

Those are very nice cars but I am a Ford guy. The Fiesta looks like a rocking car. I red the other post about you mentioning that you had pain from driving it on your arm. I wish I would have seen that post before you traded it in because I have a few friends out in Southern California that have shops to customize your car. I live out here in Vegas and I could have told them about your situation and they would have been able to change the ergonomics of the shift on your car for a very affordable price. My friend said he has helped resolve the issue you have with your tendonitis for many of his clients. It is a very common complaint people have with newer cars and especially the Fiestas because the way the manual shifter is designed. One client he told me about had the exact same injury as you and was in a ton of pain as well after buying his fFiesta last year and after taking it in my friend's shop they realigned the shifter to the normal position that older cars have and it helped resolve his tendonitis immediately after he picked up the car.

I know it is too late now but if I had a chance to read your post earlier I could have given you his contact information and told him your situation and he would have done it for basically 50% off since he is a ford buff like me and I have known him since we were kids. Is amazing when it comes to fixing cars and with your situation it would have cost you about 200 dollars with the discount , other wise you would have had to pay 400 dollars which is still a great deal. He is so good at his job that if you still had any pain he offers a full refund and would have put it back to the way it was before the modification so you could trade it in.

But being an ergonomic car mechanic for 25 years now he has had only a handful of people of the thousands of people he helped with come back and claim that they still had pain. Those people though he said were just people who complained a lot about nothing , since they would have some bogus complaints afterwards.

OP
maverick1
Thread Starter #18
Wow you got yourself one hell of a deal. Mind I ask you how old you are? I will be turning 50 later this year, and wanted to see if this the ST is a car a 50 year of male can drive? Or would I look ridiculous in it?

I currently have a Ford F-150 but have heard a lot of good things about the fiesta. I wonder why someone would buy a car and trade it in so quick with only 500 miles on it.
Funny you should ask.
I'm just over the 50 mark and I really could care less what other people think of the car and me in it.
Here is a great way to look at it.
"What other people think of me, is really none of my businiess."LOL
I showed it to a friend of mine and he said he liked everything about it, except the black stripes, thought they look too boy racer.
Do I care, not in the least. I think the stripes look quite sporty.
I owned the craziest, most extreme car you can legally drive on the road for 7 years, the Ariel Atom, and when I got it everyone thought I was mad, and too old for such an extreme car.
Maybe they though I'd be better off in a Lincoln Town Car or Cadillac. Please.
Gents, one very important thing to remember......age is just a number, and your only as old as you feel.
By the way, with my Atom we all met up on a number of occasions across the States and I met a gent named Eddie Hill the drag racer, who was an Atom owner and in his seventies, and I should mention that he way one of the quickest around the race track.
All of us driving across the Golden Gate Bridge was something to behold.
Never, ever let age affect your choices in life. As long as you're physically capable then go for it.
Heck, I'm thinking about getting my hang gliding license.

Attachments

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Funny you should ask.
I'm just over the 50 mark and I really could care less what other people think of the car and me in it.
Here is a great way to look at it.
"What other people think of me, is really none of my businiess."LOL
I showed it to a friend of mine and he said he liked everything about it, except the black stripes, thought they look too boy racer.
Do I care, not in the least. I think the stripes look quite sporty.
I owned the craziest, most extreme car you can legally drive on the road for 7 years, the Ariel Atom, and when I got it everyone thought I was mad, and too old for such an extreme car.
Maybe they though I'd be better off in a Lincoln Town Car or Cadillac. Please.
Gents, one very important thing to remember......age is just a number, and your only as old as you feel.
By the way, with my Atom we all met up on a number of occasions across the States and I met a gent named Eddie Hill the drag racer, who was an Atom owner and in his seventies, and I should mention that he way one of the quickest around the race track.
All of us driving across the Golden Gate Bridge was something to behold.
Never, ever let age affect your choices in life. As long as you're physically capable then go for it.
Heck, I'm thinking about getting my hang gliding license.
i am 60 and couldn't agree more. i try not to limit myself in what i do or by what others might think is "appropriate." i enjoy high performance cars,and plan to drive them as long as i am physically able.

I like this FiST journey. Win win for both of you. You lost 7k on the FiST tho wow thats a lot
Actually I got real lucky. I lost no money on the deal. I simply paid a a few thousand more and got a very under priced mini.
I had put 15k down on the Fist, so after getting 18k for it, a $1,800 refund on my 7 year warranty, paying off the loan balance and buying the mini, I still paid less in the end then I would have if I had never bought the Fiesta and had just bought a brand new mini with the same options I got on the one I bought.
Here is what she looks like.
Mini Blue.jpg