Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 1.6L shortblock with the strenghtened 1.5L deck

Much cheaper alternative than having the block modified to be closed deck. I suspect these will be much more reliable at high power. Who wants to take one for the team and see? 😁

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The last cars to use the 1.6 Ecoboost were the Fiesta ST and the C-Max in 2019. It seems odd that there was a different block than what came on the 2019 cars at all. Unless it was a running design change planned for the 2020 models and the plug got pulled after a small number had been made or something like that.

It looks like this block was a revision for a recall Ford did for the 2017-2019 1.5L I4 Escapes (and potentially other models). Specifically, Customer Satisfaction Program 21N12. From some basic digging, I'm having a hard time finding the part number for the revised block, though it also just may not be able for direct sale.

LucasHigh

Premium Account
From what I've been reading, yes. The Escape uses different rods and pistons so the displacement is smaller, but the bore should be the same as our 1.6 blocks.
ive seen people look into the 1.5l blocks before and they said the thermostat location or coolant hose location is different, cant remember where i read this though...

OP
daloonie
Thread Starter #15
emailed pumaspeed and they said that short block they are selling is a direct fit for a mk7 st, even confirmed with them that it requries 0 modification to work...
so i bought it, i guess well see how it goes
Awesome, then we will truely see what this block is. Remember to post the part number stamped on it.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
emailed pumaspeed and they said that short block they are selling is a direct fit for a mk7 st, even confirmed with them that it requries 0 modification to work...
so i bought it, i guess well see how it goes
How much shipped?